Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to turn off autoimports of airports for those who don't want it.

As the title says, it's singleplayer now, it would be neat to have the possibilty to have only "real logistics" like in X4 Foundations, were every good is only ever transported through a ship, never teleported. We also have broker shipments (magical teleportation between systems). I never use those and am glad it is not forced upon me. I'd like to have the same choice with airports.
Could be for goods, but also for passengers/migration. Ringworlds/habitables and self sufficient colonies would suddenly become alot more valuable.

Since it would be optional, you could still have magical teleportation, if you so desired.

Then something I think could add some sort of missions (this is just an idea and wouldn't bother me if never implemented, because I could just send ships myself)

The above could be coupled with shipments & people wanting to travel somewhere ("passenger shipments") being issued by cities (and by the player), which ships set to trade and/or ferry passengers around the system could then fulfill, . Instead of shipments, these ships could just look at supply and demand from cities directly perhaps, just like the autotraders from X4 (and I think the passenger transports in X3TC, or were they only for player use?).

So you could still send shipments, but they would only effectively be fulfilled if one of your own ships (or an AI empire ship) actually pickup and deliver the order.

The shipless, magical transportation is one of my gripes with Hazeron atm (after the bigger issues like the designer tedium and the lack of threat/interaction/combat).

The main thing I'd like to see changed is just: IF (checkbox in settings or better yet at the airport/broker is marked=false) THEN Airports autoimport goods = false. (idk if it's that easy) It could be set to autoimport by default. Or perhaps link it to the broker: no broker => no autoimports.

However if making it a setting at the airport, that is NOT marked by default, it would mean you would have to finish an airport first, before being able to set it to autoimport: no more unfinished airports importing things. => back to the old way of establishing colonies, which actually needed a ship or crates filled with materials.