Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Playing again for the first time in years
I played this game a lot like 6 years ago (my old screenshots span from April 2012 to April 2014), I have a lot of nostalgia for it. The number one feature I was hoping for coming back was for the female gender option to actually do something useful, that's too bad.

I'm finding the new building system fairly confusing - I'm still at tribe level but the only two logging camp designs are massive complexes with 32+ jobs, that don't fit on my tiny starter island. I also noticed that the wiki doesn't explain how to rotate the buildings. Should I be designing all the buildings myself, like how I used to make my own layered cake spaceships? Haven't even tried the new designer yet.

I recognize a few usernames of people on the forum but I don't know if anyone else would recognize me. I was active in the galactic channel, but that was about it.
(02-13-2019, 07:09 AM)Tiffany Wrote: I played this game a lot like 6 years ago (my old screenshots span from April 2012 to April 2014), I have a lot of nostalgia for it. The number one feature I was hoping for coming back was for the female gender option to actually do something useful, that's too bad.
The gender option does do something, but only in how NPCs address you and procreation.
A revamp of the creatures is on Haxus's to-do list, but its priority has been moved back a little.

(02-13-2019, 07:09 AM)Tiffany Wrote: I'm finding the new building system fairly confusing - I'm still at tribe level but the only two logging camp designs are massive complexes with 32+ jobs, that don't fit on my tiny starter island. I also noticed that the wiki doesn't explain how to rotate the buildings. Should I be designing all the buildings myself, like how I used to make my own layered cake spaceships? Haven't even tried the new designer yet.
Yes the new building system takes a little getting used to. Mainly because the default filter settings aren't useful and number of public building blueprints for each building type isn't at comfortable amounts.

You can click the little "Filters" button next to the blueprint selection dropdown box. In the window that open you can uncheck the "Show only for intended purpose", that should show all blueprints that are valid for buildings. You can use any blueprint you can select, the type of the building is what determine the building's function, not the blueprint. The blueprint as you have noticed determine the number of manufacturing lines, service jobs, commodity storage, homes, and construction material cost.

(02-13-2019, 07:09 AM)Tiffany Wrote: I recognize a few usernames of people on the forum but I don't know if anyone else would recognize me. I was active in the galactic channel, but that was about it.
From before my time I guess. Or my bad memory for names strike again.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
The female option does more than just change dialogue! Dean's understating the KEY SELLING POINT of Hazeron!

Haxus added copulation and pregnancy, the latter of which is gender-dependent! You can peg anyone you want (haxus said gay rights), but you can only impregnate them if you're playing as a male avatar and them a female one, or vice versa. And if you're quick enough, you can actually impregnate one of your avatars with another of your avatars. (I don't remember if top/bottom orientation matters, but I don't think it does?) If you do the bedroom rodeo with an npc you make a demi-avatar, which acts like an officer and sticks around when you're not online, but will permanently die if killed. Doing the devil's dance with another avatar makes a Highborn, which teleports faster and sounds cooler. Oh, and the game keeps score for you!

[Image: F05Ie3i.png]

...Oh, and other players can see if your avatar is female, so if you're trying to get your roommate to infiltrate a larger empire for you, try not to have her be the only other lady actively playing. Apparently that's suspicious enough to ruin the ruse. I think someone told that empire the extremely well-kept secret that all girls are actually in cahoots, so at the next Females Meeting, we're going to be finding and beheading the mole. Bring your government-issued comically large pair of scissors.

Anyway, welcome back!