Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Street's List of Probably Bad Ideas

Quote:Please bake them first, and post a separate topic for each idea.

I thought forums were a place to discuss things. I posted them all here because I'd rather not spam the forum with a dozen different threads, when all my ideas could easily be discussed in one place.

Quote:There's no blocking or anything to stop you from doing that.
What's the problem?

The problem is, having to stay logged on during travel makes what should be an eight hour journey into one that takes multiple days. If I had the path already 'explored', my AI officer could do it on their own anyways, so it should make no difference.

Quote:Not going to happen.
And see previous topics on "expensive".

And why exactly not? With high material and labor costs to build (therefore making it something you would have to dedicate most of your empire/alliance towards for days), with perhaps even a possible limit on how many can exist at one time, it would be an extremely useful bargaining chip when it comes to war and diplomacy. The looming threat of a massive super-weapon is also a great motivator for alliances to come together, and would likely be the spawn of many great stories.

Quote:Load them to your ship, modify and send back.

I'm saying there should be an easier way to do this.

Quote:Highly questionable. Why? What gameplay purpose they would serve?

A Dyson sphere would theoretically be able to collect massive amount of energy, and send that energy to any city within the system (or neighboring systems, or even sectors) as long as it is set up to do so.
An artificial planet would allow you to generate another world in a system. Specifically, it would allow you to create a habitable planet in a lucrative system that otherwise would not have one.
Also, things can be cool for the sake of being cool. Not everything has to serve an immediate gameplay purpose.

Quote:Ships in SoH are resource, not a luxury.
Get used to it.

And as a resource, I should be able to modify them depending on their purpose, instead of having to buy/build another damn ship for combat, when I have a otherwise perfectly good one sitting around.

As a side note, your elitism is noted. Rarely have you actually tried to discuss a single topic, instead instantly shooting them down with a 'get fucked' attitude. You aren't being critical, you're just being an ass.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Street's List of Probably Bad Ideas - by StreetCaptain - 02-06-2019, 12:44 AM