Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What blueprints am I supposed to use?
When starting out the game, there are a huge amount of building designs to choose from, most of them being too large and complicated for a stone age town. As someone who is new to this new system, how do I know which design to use for each building? Can I just use a default design? This aspect of the game seems so overcomplicated that it is sort of ruining my experience. I shouldn't have to scroll through every single design to try to find a simple building that I am actually able to use.
If I could make a suggestion, set the filter to show only the designs by Henri.
They're numerous (I think there is one for most buildings, and even if there isn't you can use one of his others as a substitude), usually look good and he has named them in a way that makes avoiding advanced buildings easy (they have a HEV before the name) so you'll know which one take only the basic materials and are possible to build even for someone starting out.
You'll might have to look into other peoples designs once you're in space, but for your first planet Henris designs are IMO the best choice.

Haxus added the ability to rate building and ship designs today, so hopefully in a few weeks sorting through the mess that is clogging up the Excgange will be easier once all the horrible designs can be filtered out.
Last time I tried to build an Henri's design it required over 10k labour time. They're beautiful but HUGE.

I suggest you look for designs by Haxus or by Etgfrog (hope i got the name right).
They are basic, with low requirements and should be perfect for beginners.
Good point.

I have switched to selfmade buildings long ago and even the smallest of them already breach the 10k labor mark easily, so I didn't think about how the size of Henri's buildings could be problematic for someone new.
Deltova - Havenite Shipyards
Blueprints by Haxus are definitely the most basic and easy to start with.

For the first mine blueprint I suggest "Quarry by Haxus", but it can only harvest stone.
After you got stone production and maybe a few other buildings ready, then I suggest just using the "Electronics Factory by Haxus" blueprint for all other manufacturing or mining buildings.

I am still hoping we get my suggestion implemented sooner rather than later.
See: Empire Approved Building Blueprints List
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
A filter for exchange is sorely needed.
At least by type/state.