Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gravity Well series gone forever?
I get some questions now and again about where to get Gw6, it is gone forever? or will it make an appearance at a later point? I did think it was an interesting game, but prefer SoH by far.
Lol, it was on my mind the other day.

Someone wanted to buy the source code recently. They made a generous offer of $100. I probably should have accepted. haha.
Make the Steam launch a bundle with Gravity Well included?  :D
I liked GW6, it was fun, but not without its issues.

Here are the main issues I remember:
  • There was a lack of mouse controlled steering. Turning the craft with the mouse would have made it much easier to aim.
  • There were some balance issues. Likely made worse because of the controls, but trying to defeat a colony with a craft was too hard. All fights seemed to happen with destroyers, likely cause it was easier to control and they could take a number of hits before dying.
  • The business module was basically pay-to-win micro-transactions. Definitely evident that Haxus is from the good old arcade game era. If server costs were dramatically redused (see next point) it might be better as a one-time payment of $20-30.
  • Online only seemed like a strange choice. Might have been better to have allowed privately hosted servers and just host an official master server for browsing active private servers.

I think GW6 be a fine little game to release on Steam if those issues are handled.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I don't know what Gravity well game I played... I actually still have the disk  (2000 shareware games) but it doesn't work on my newer hardware.   IT was a 2D one.  I remember haveing fun playing it as a kid even tough I didn't know what the heck was going on.