Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
planet defense
planetary shield hosted on a space station and will only go down if the station dies
I actually like this idea a little.
There are a few issues with it, since the way space stations are built allow them to be replaced the second the previous one is destroyed.

This thread is very similar to another thread you made.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=321
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
a cool down could be implemented but i do think it give combat to be more stage based
Space stations could be added to the "world is under attack" feature. So if a space station in orbit is attacked, the world is considered attacked, and then halt all spacecraft production.
Your ship ram your station and your productions halting.

Please explain, what advantages your idea provide, that are not in game already.
(11-12-2018, 10:20 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Your ship ram your station and your productions halting.

Please explain, what advantages your idea provide, that are not in game already.

Currently if you have a spacecraft factory set to repeatedly produce space stations, they will make one and send it into orbit, then it will produce a second one but halt before spawning it because a space station already exist. When the current station is destroyed the spacecraft factory will instantly spawn the waiting space station.
This has always felt weird.
I like it but there should be drawbacks, such as friendly ships can’t enter either, and you have to command the station captain to turn it off each time u enter, making it ineffective for trade/commercial planets.
OR

Only sector capitals can have shields.

Reason being is:

1) seeing every planet have a shield would be unrelatable to popular sci fi universes, usually only military planets, and or capital planets have shields.

2) I actually enjoy covert planetary infantry drops, trying to take down military buildings only with a few infantry is always exciting.

What I suggest to add to this idea is ground to space weapons, cloak jammers, or sector antenna buildings. Why? Gives sabotaging planets without taking it over worth it. Who doesn’t like secret special ops missions. Having a shield in every planet would kill that.
ships do not need to land if there is a station around the planet and the shields could be weak to people teleporting in witch would give land combat a use now
I was thinking that buildings on the surface could simply be invulnerable while the station is in orbit, similar to how Military HQ protects civilian buildings.