Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockets hit firing Fighter
Was playing around with a Space Fighter F2, firing rockets. All 3 fighters were destroyed by the rocket hitting the fighter itself.

It only seemed to happen when the fighter was at an angle or something, not sure.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I've seen this happen on ships. Just make the parent ship/vehicle intangible to the rocket?
APCs are affected too.
I am a sad Foxtail.

(09-23-2018, 01:09 PM)Vectorus Wrote: I've seen this happen on ships. Just make the parent ship/vehicle intangible to the rocket?

Yeah, I though it was already like that.
Are you sure the rocket was detonated by hitting your vehicle? The launcher is not immune to the blast when the rocket explodes by hitting or proximity to something else.
(09-24-2018, 09:29 PM)Haxus Wrote: Are you sure the rocket was detonated by hitting your vehicle? The launcher is not immune to the blast when the rocket explodes by hitting or proximity to something else.

Space fighter was in mid air over the coastline, so nothing to collide with.
Some rockets should fire just fine, but if I adjusted the aim a little bit it would hit me somehow.

I did not try in space.

With the APC it happened when firing straight up too.

By the way, all this was with large molotov rockets.
I flew a space fighter F1 and drove an APC. I fired hundreds of rockets from both, without ever getting hit by my own rockets. I used large molotov rockets and created lots of huge craters in the sand.
I have tested it some more can't reproduce it in an old-style city.
But in a new-style city I am definitively hitting things that doesn't made much sense.

PS: New-style buildings have less health, so watch out.
The bug reported was rockets hitting the fighter that fires them.
(09-26-2018, 11:06 PM)Haxus Wrote: The bug reported was rockets hitting the fighter that fires them.

Yeah, it seems to happen near new-style buildings a lot.
Maybe the buildings are detonating the rockets, making it look like it is the vehicle.