Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Set Minimum Quality of Production
When attempting to enter the minimum quality to produce items at on the labor menu, the number appears for a short time before being reset to what it used to be. This behavior has been consistent over a few days while everything else works, so I don't think it's just latency or something similar.

Edit: attempting to change this number seems to result in limbo.
Does anyone even use this option for anything any more?
I remember it was minimally useful when we had to worry about using our high TL materials, but nowadays it just seems useless.

Anyone using this?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
It's useful when your city has a mix of Q255 and low quality resources and wastes most of one Q255 resource combining it with a different one at a lower quality.
(09-26-2018, 11:20 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: It's useful when your city has a mix of Q255 and low quality resources and wastes most of one Q255 resource combining it with a different one at a lower quality.

A simple checkbox to make production process use the lowest instead of highest quality materials would make more sense. You very rarely need the current "Minimum Q" option because all processes still try to take the highest quality materials first.
I need it all the time. As an example:

I am trying to produce a product which requires inputs one and two at Q255. Both inputs need to be shipped into the system. The shipment time on input one is ten minutes and the shipment time on input 2 is 40 minutes. The sequence of events that results is:

1. The Input one shipment arrives in the system.
2. Manufacturing processes begin consuming this resource.
3. Most or all of this shipment of resources is consumed in the thirty minutes between now and when the shipment of input 2 arrives.
4. Shipment of input 2 arrives.
5. The resources that came in shipment 2 face the same issues input 1 had in parts 2 and 3.

The result is that almost no Q255 products are actually made. In any case, the feature is there, this is just a comment that it isn't currently working.
I guess my issue is more about where it is, rather than what it does.

I would love it if the manufacturing processes had an "Edit" button, so you could change the process type, and then these kinds of options could be put into that edit dialog.
Maybe even add the number of workshops to the dialog, it would be simpler than the current weird behavior we have with the numeric up-down box that jecks back and forth between what we type and what the server think it should show.
An option to edit different parts of the manufacturing process would be nice to have, it'd make a good Arena of Ideas post if it's not there already.
Found/fixed memory corruption caused by invalid array index.