Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primitive Weapons
It has long been that there is only 1 handmade, primitove weapon in Hazeron: the Knife.  The Knife has little reach, and no range, making it tricky to go hunting wild beasts with, and only suitable for stabbing other players in the back.

Why no bow?  Why no spears, or swords?  2 or 3 more items wouldn't make too much clutter, would it?
I wouldn't even call the knife a primitive weapon, it can't be handcrafted and it require iron.

I would recommend a stone knife. But instead of just adding yet another identical knife item, why not merge all the knives into a single item and have the material just be a meta data that gives it improved stats?

Don't know if a primitive ranged weapon would be very useful. We still have some hard to hit hitboxes, and a primitive ranged weapon would just make that more obvious early on.
Other than that, yeah I would love a primitive ranged weapon of some kind. It just wouldn't have any use a couple days after you started playing.

Great, now I am imagining troops on board an advanced spacecraft holding bows and crossbows...
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(06-04-2018, 06:18 PM)Deantwo Wrote: I wouldn't even call the knife a primitive weapon, it can't be handcrafted and it require iron.
I, too, think it should, be stone-makable, but also handcraftable.  Could serve for ceremonial or sportsman hunts!

Quote:We still have some hard to hit hitboxes, and a primitive ranged weapon would just make that more obvious early on.
All the more reason to fix hitboxes :p

Quote:Great, now I am imagining troops on board an advanced spacecraft holding bows and crossbows...

Think Star Wars, and the cheesy-as-hell "bowcaster".
This was requested a long time ago. Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet. It is now getting deferred until the custom item designer is finished.
Hazeron do have primitive weapons.
Clubs, stones, claws and teeth.
(06-06-2018, 07:27 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Hazeron do have primitive weapons.
Clubs, stones, claws and teeth.

Now that you mention it, also primitive ranged weapons.
Acid spit, fire breath, psychic lightning, poison farts, and more.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
And the most primitive weapon of all:
Dropping beans to summon a plague of rats upon your enemies inside spaceships.