Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[Designer] Moving a single vertex in face mode moves the wrong vertex.

Grabbing a single vertex in face mode may select and move a different vertex or many additional vertices.

Video Example

In this demonstration, the design is sitting at 65% of the allowed data limit as I attempt to adjust some vertices. Notice the response times before a change is finally made to a vertex.

I select a Vertex, drag to move it, and one of 3 things happens:

1. The vertex I selected is moved normally.
  2. The vertex I selected moves, but several new vertices are now selected too.
  3. The vertex I selected does not move, instead several other random vertices move in the same direction and distance I tried to move the single vertex.
I seem to reliably get a grip on the program when I select a few other vertices to kind of 'reset' my selection. After that I have a good chance I will get the intended result. Not sure if this actually does anything but it's become my ritual.

The more vertices I move without doing this, the higher chances an error seems to occur, with more errors each time.

Lock or hide objects you don't want to move?
Or do you mean moving corners in face mode?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(09-03-2018, 05:06 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Lock or hide objects you don't want to move?
Or do you mean moving corners in face mode?

I selected a single part with 1,757 faces, and you can't lock individual vertices for just face mode.

Vertices = Corners

It's not really like clicking on something but selecting something else behind it, or a case of selecting things directly behind me. I am unintentionally moving corners that are sometimes in the region of what I am trying to move, or sometimes on the other side of my screen. It is very random.