Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow Designating One Avatar as 'Online' for Exploration Purposes
I was chatting with lajret and realised that players who can leave their computers on overnight to run long exploration missions are unfairly advantaged. Perhaps allowing accounts to designate an avatar as 'online' for the purpose of exploration would act as a compromise? Since the restriction of exploration to online avatars is fairly agreeable in-context and banning AFK exploration seems both unenforceable and impractical. The additional benefits would be user energy and server bandwidth savings, and cons being that it encourages AFK exploration.
Automatically disconnecting AFK players after an hour seems easier. But of course that can be circumvented by just having a program on your computer simulate user-input at some interval.

At the same time. After a while of exploring there isn't much to see.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(05-01-2020, 05:30 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Automatically disconnecting AFK players after an hour seems easier. But of course that can be circumvented by just having a program on your computer simulate user-input at some interval.

At the same time. After a while of exploring there isn't much to see.
Yeah, given the measures taken to combat botting and their dubious effectiveness, I really don't think trying to prevent AFK 'playing' is worthwhile.

As for exploring, for me there are three goals:
  1. Find QL255 everything. This takes a lot of time, and so far I've found only two QL255 resources, both of them mostly useless.
  2. Find high-segment ringworlds. Again, their rarity means this takes a lot of time.
  3. Navigate to tactical positions for constructing listening arrays and/or bunkers. Someone's going to do it; it's inevitable even if they've been nerfed.