Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Orientation Not Following Gravity
It seems on at least small planetoids that, if you walk far enough, your player can be parallel with the ground - making movement anywhere but 'downhill' very difficult. Curiously this does not seem to apply for the jump trajectory/gravity calculation, although the direction of the jump follows the player orientation. Logging in or exiting a vehicle aligns you to its orientation (and not the planetoid's gravity). Sorry if this was reported before; it seems simple enough someone must have encountered it before, but I couldn't find anything via search.

Addendum: swapping avatars results in the swapped-to avatar having the orientation of the swapped-from avatar - either that, or it's random/just horizontal.
Reloading the avatar/scene is a workaround that seems to fix it.
Just restart your client, or swap back and forth between your avatar and an alt avatar.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Edited OP to include sister bug.
(04-08-2020, 02:18 PM)voyager Wrote: Addendum: swapping avatars results in the swapped-to avatar having the orientation of the swapped-from avatar - either that, or it's random/just horizontal.

I have not experienced this. Are your two avatars maybe close to each other? Mine are in two different solar systems. This means that the current scene is unloaded from my client when I switch avatar.
(04-10-2020, 10:09 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 02:18 PM)voyager Wrote: Addendum: swapping avatars results in the swapped-to avatar having the orientation of the swapped-from avatar - either that, or it's random/just horizontal.

I have not experienced this. Are your two avatars maybe close to each other? Mine are in two different solar systems. This means that the current scene is unloaded from my client when I switch avatar.
Same planet.
(04-10-2020, 11:58 PM)voyager Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:09 PM)Deantwo Wrote:

Same planet.

Yeah then the avatars are in the same scene, so switching back and forth between them won't reload the scene.
Either switch to an avatar that is on another world, or restart your client instead.

Pro-tip: You can click to switch to another avatar, and then click to switch back to the first one while you are loading.