Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Inventory Full, Empty
Hi

My plastic production says "Inventoy full" but there is not one plastic in city.

[Image: unknown.png]

When I remove and rebuild the plastic factory, it works for few hours and then stop producing because "it's full"
Don't look at the city report, look at the Building window's Building tab.

What is the plastic factory's blueprint ID number?
Does it have enough commodity storage to store the product from 128 workshops?

Each workshop makes 50 plastic plus the extra from having computers. So that would beĀ  between 6400 and 7000 plastic per run. As a workaround try lowering the number of workshops and see if it works.

It is a known issue that buildings with too little commodity storage to store the product from a manufacturing line can't make anything at all. I believe we have a bug report for it somewhere.

EDIT:
This is probably duplicate of (Bug report) Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage.
But this thread is not really worth merging with that one.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
dedicated warehouses relieve the issue somewhat
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(03-25-2020, 09:15 PM)Greydog Wrote: dedicated warehouses relieve the issue somewhat

No. Warehouses fetch commodities of the chosen type from other buildings.
Factories only store commodities in their own local storage. Once the commodities are in the local storage they can be fetched by warehouses and other buildings.
Its own inventory is empty and a warehouse didn't help
(03-25-2020, 09:46 PM)Xantheose Wrote: Its own inventory is empty

Empty and big enough are two separate things.
Is the commodity storage big enough to store 7000 or more commodities?
Did it work if you lowered the number of workshops in the manufacturing process? Half? One?

If you supply the building's blueprint ID, Haxus can test it with the specific blueprint to reproduce the bug.
You don't have to make the blueprint public or even tell me its name if it is secret.
(03-25-2020, 09:52 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Is the commodity storage big enough to store 7000 or more commodities?

It can store 60k items and even if it could not store more than 7k, it should fill its maximum capacity instead of trashing the production.

Buiding id: 77854
Building name: Best Treatment Plant 128 Harsh

It worked for others systems, others planets for the plastic and works in this city for every other things. But not plastic.
(03-25-2020, 10:06 PM)Xantheose Wrote: and even if it could not store more than 7k, it should fill its maximum capacity instead of trashing the production.

Yes it should do that, but it doesn't. It is a known bug. Which is why I asked.

Thanks for the rest of the information though.

One last question.
You say this is only an issue on a specific world, can you please supply the name of the city so Haxus can investigate the specific building?
(03-25-2020, 10:10 PM)Deantwo Wrote: You say this is only an issue on a specific world, can you please supply the name of the city so Haxus can investigate the specific building?

No.
(03-25-2020, 10:06 PM)Xantheose Wrote: It can store 60k items and even if it could not store more than 7k, it should fill its maximum capacity instead of trashing the production.

I think I found the issue to this!

The Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses) bug was most likely causing the output to exceed the 60'000 commodity storage.
See also: Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage

If I did the math right, the output of a 128 workshop Plastic manufacturing process with access to Computers would be a over 900'000.