Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
System planets misnumbered between survey screen and orders.
I scanned a system and discovered the planet names in the survey report and in the orders menu don't match up.

For some reason when giving an order, all the planets are numbered one higher (IV - V, V - VI, so on), with no Planet I listed in the orders screen (Instead II, and it's moons IIa, IIb, IIc).
Unless it is true for all systems, you might have to at least give the name of the system so Haxus can investigate it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Yes can confirm that this is an issue for all systems.

Sensor console shows the world catalog name and the wrong name with the wrong number.
So I assume that it is simply the world names being wrong.

Maybe mission orders should show both catalog name and world name.
The bug that caused this is fixed. But there are still many worlds that have wrong named in my solar system, so giving orders is still confusing.

(03-03-2020, 07:31 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Maybe mission orders should show both catalog name and world name.

Would still very much want this. Show the catalog name first and a second column for the given name.

Since I have to manually go to each world, claim it and then rename it. Would love a "set default name" button on the naming dialog too. Maybe even an option to reset all given names of worlds in the solar system when naming the solar system.
I would like to see the ability to simply re-survey a system and have it overwrite the old survey.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(04-26-2020, 12:03 PM)Greydog Wrote: I would like to see the ability to simply re-survey a system and have it overwrite the old survey.

This has nothing to do with the surveys. This bug was simply a bug at the start of the universe where worlds in a solar system was accidentally given an incorrect default name, so we have to manually rename each world to the correct default name in the affected solar systems or let them decay and regenerate.

Also "re-surveying" makes no sense at all. Surveys are not created, your empire simply get access to the survey information once you have surveyed the solar system. So there is no need to ever re-survey a solar system as long as the database has the flag saying that your empire has surveyed the solar system.
yes I know that, but atm there is no way to update the survey data. If the bug is fixed it would be nice to overwrite the old surveys so the data is correct.

I have over a dozen systems that I know of that are missing the Alpha I designation on the first planet. On the two I harvest from I had to fly to the system to make sure I was pulling from the correct planet.
(04-26-2020, 04:35 PM)Greydog Wrote: yes I know that, but atm there is no way to update the survey data. If the bug is fixed it would be nice to overwrite the old surveys so the data is correct.

I have over a dozen systems that I know of that are missing the Alpha I designation on the first planet. On the two I harvest from I had to fly to the system to make sure I was pulling from the correct planet.

Again I repeat. "Re-surveying" does not make sense. If any survey is wrong it is an issue server-side that Haxus need to fix. You "re-surveying" would not fix anything since server-side the game is not creating/saving anything when you survey a solar system. The game just flips a bit and gives you access to the survey information that is generated with the creation of the solar system.

If what you are experiencing is that "<World> [Alpha/Beta/Gamma] I" doesn't exist in your spacecraft mission order menu, it is because the world has been renamed to not have the default name. This would be because of this bug, and the worlds have to be renamed. It is not the fault of the survey.

So as I said.
Firstly we need an option to reset the names of all worlds in a solar system when renaming the solar system. That would give us an easy (but manual) fix for this issue.
Secondly we need world lists on the spacecraft mission order options (and other places where it is missing) to list the catalog name of the worlds. So that we can still see the default name that is used on the survey.
I'm not too particular on what you want to call it or how it's accomplished, (re-survey, re-name, update) ..I would just like the some function in game to update the xml so that I can build a mission order from a distance and not need to either manually change the names or fly to the system to get the proper planet order in the mission ui.
"Survey" is merely allowing you access to the data that exists in the database. No amount of "resurveying" would change that short of fixing the actual bug and, you know, actually CHANGING the data in the database.