Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-02-06 Explosions, Exploits, Asteroids, Server Lag
Explosions
Shot a motor bike and it disappeared instantly, no explosion.

Fixed propagation of explosion effects to client.

Universal Silverwill
Silverwill items created on the crew channel appear in everyone's crew channel, not just mine.

Fixed scope of Silverwill responses.

Fuel Exploit
Haxus DOESN'T want you to know about this fuel exploit, a topic from the old phpBB3 forum.

Fixed rounding error that caused fuel quality to increase by removing/replacing fuel.

Building Exploit
There is a large exploit in new buildings possible, if you feel it should be changed. 3067603 is the building ID that demonstrates it.

The exploit seems to be the ability to create many turrets. The design seems to have lots of turrets.

Limited control stations to 10 by type.

Limited turrets to 30.

Limited all posts to 50 by type. Posts are guard posts, citizen posts, and livestock posts.

Power Plant Designs
Power plant designs needed.

Made/published simple models for each basic power plant in a habitable environment.

Asteroid Explosion
Sadly saw no explosion... world asteroid collision was totally explosion lacking

Fixed distance clipping error on planetary explosions. Adjusted explosion effect parameters.

Final Decay Mail
i didn't seem to get any "final decay" mail from the two systems i lost to decay T_T

Cities should resume sending final decay messages now.

Crew Targeting
Crew doesn't switch to new targets after destroying one until you move ship around

Fixed a range inconsistency when selecting targets.

Building Shields
Platforms can be used as a shield for bases. Actually any civilian building can be used as a shield because they are indestructible as long as the base is there.

Buildings in the "destroyed" state no longer block gunfire. That includes platforms.

Commander Crash
Commander crashes if I try to inspect an item in my gear or a comm messages.

Removed open GL viewer from item view in commander.

Warp Collision
But yeah, two ships warping to the same system from the same system, seem to land on top of eachother in a sad collision... happened a few times to me and a few others...

Spacecraft position now adjusted to avoid obstacles when emerging in deep space.

Designer Drag Vector
Drag vector in designer reported in feet? Try dragging an item one grid click on a 1 meter grid.

Fixed unit of measure error.

Game Table Lighting
Game tables not lit according to room lighting. What about swivel chair consoles?

This will not fix older ships and it may break their consoles, in terms of lighting. It won't make them stop functioning.

Consoles now depend on being in the proper group, for their lighting.

Missiles vs Platforms
Missiles do not hit platforms properly. They just explode in mid air above the platform.

Improved missile collision test with buildings.

Weapon Station Target Hit Points
Show hit points on targetted buildings on weapon station.

Done.

Aye, Dive Into Asteroid
Crew fly to asteroid and crash into it

Improved pilot's choice of relative positioning when attacking or pursuing a unit or asteroid.

Primeval Asteroid
Asteroid option in primeval world would be helpful for practice.

Primeval world now has an option for setting the minutes to impact for an asteroid. This scenario can be used to practice attacking an asteroid with a space fighter.

Asteroids Disappear
An asteroid destroyed a world and broke into pieces. Why didn't the world break into pieces.

Fixed initial placement vector on planetary fragments so they don't depart the area at warp speed.

Turret Broken
Fire turret on Basic Design and ship is destroyed.

Fixed station id bug when operating a turret.

Remote Camera Sight
Sight should not spot things while in a ship's remote camera.

Gunsight no longer spots targets while viewing through a remote camera. It is also no longer visible when looking through a camera.

Remote Camera Unit Selection
Hide unit selection boxes and names when viewing through a remote camera.

Unit selection boxes and names no longer visible while viewing through a remote camera.

Persistent Target Reticle
Target lock reticle visible when screen elements are off.

Disabled target reticle and a few other items that were overlooked when hiding things due to screen elements being off.

Drilling Rig Crash
Client crashed when trying to build a drilling rig.

Added manufacturing process data needed by drilling rigs.
(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building Exploit
There is a large exploit in new buildings possible, if you feel it should be changed. 3067603 is the building ID that demonstrates it.

The exploit seems to be the ability to create many turrets. The design seems to have lots of turrets.

Limited all control stations to 10 by type.

Limited all posts to 20 by type. Posts are guard posts, citizen posts, and livestock posts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Is that buildings only?
If it is for ships also, it is kinda on the low side. Even my smallest warship has almost twice that number in turrets, the bigger ships/stations I still have as WIP have twice of even that.
Posts as well, I use citizen posts to create seating areas and useable chairs/benches in space stations and civilian ships, and I usually end up with numbers of CP that are twice the allowed number, or even more.
This one doesn't list them, but it has 16 passenger berths, and I think you can have 2 posts per berth, so 32 citizen posts. And thats just a 4 million m³ station, not even something big.
Deltova - Havenite Shipyards
The numbers were arbitrary. I increased them. Here are the new limits:
Control stations: 10 per type
Turrets: 30

I edited the post above. For those wondering, the initial limits were 10, 10, 20.
(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Crew Targeting
Crew doesn't switch to new targets after destroying one until you move ship around

Fixed a range inconsistency when selecting targets.

This means that crew will not attempt to target buildings that are blocked?
I guess that fixes the stupid crew issue.

Now we just need a solution for helpless crew. Since they need players to actively remove the thin dirt layer shoveled on top of a "buried building".
See discussion here: (Bug report) Underground Buildings Exploits

(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building Shields
Platforms can be used as a shield for bases. Actually any civilian building can be used as a shield because they are indestructible as long as the base is there.

Buildings in the "destroyed" state no longer block gunfire. That includes platforms.

Can we also walk through them? Or only shoot through them?
Do missiles target them? Since they always seem to target buildings that sre in the way, seen by the "X missiles fired at <target>".

See also discussion here: (Bug report) Civilian Buildings Block Weapon's Fire

(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Final Decay Mail
(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Warp Collision
(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Weapon Station Target Hit Points

Thank you!
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Thank you very much Haxus, these numbers will be much better to work with.

Related, would it be possible to get some sort of seat not-quite-post/station that we can use instead of citizen posts to create... well, seats/chairs. (just for sitting down without any function and not bound to the number of berths)
There is no dependency between number of berths or number of posts. The number of one does not influence or limit the number of the other.
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that I got a warning when I placed citizen posts on that space station I posted earlier, something like "citizen posts limited to 150% of citizen berths". Thats why all the benches only have one or two citizen posts on them despite having 3 visible seats.

Though that was over a year ago and maybe that has been removed since then and I just missed it.
Quote:just for sitting down without any function

Aboard a spacecraft, that is the only function that a citizen post serves. It is possible that a passenger might sit there but I don't think so, not with current logic anyway. They might sit down some day, maybe even play cards.
Quote:Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that I got a warning

Yes I am was sure, but I was wrong. :/

I did not see those limits when I was making this change. I'll have to reevaluate. I am open to opinions.

Old code imposes these limits.

Spacecraft:
Citizen post limit = 2x passenger berths
Guard post limit = troop berths
Livestock post limit = 10

Buildings:
Citizen post limit = 14
Guard post limit = 10
Livestock post limit = 10

Those limits were probably fine, unless you have a need for more.

The only new limit that needs to be imposed is on the total number of turrets, due to the processing required to operate them. It sounds like 30 is enough?
The limit to the number of consoles by type makes sense also, just to avoid excess.