Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-22 Site Overlap, Rare Resources, Friend Code, Mine Production

(01-22-2020, 08:16 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:how do you intend to fix the original problem of not being able to place buildings next to each other?

I don't view this as a problem. I made a strong attempt to accommodate that architectural style but alas it opens the door to cheating.

Some day I may develop a fast way to find geometric intersections while placing a building in a city. It would have to be fast so that it doesn't bring the computer to its knees while dragging a cursor around. Then I could relax the placement rules a bit.

The result would be less restrictive on building placement. That is easy to implement later, without players crying foul.
i imho against it, all critters would stuck there will be unpassable terrains etc.... i had same problems in WebGL with slow trianlge point intersect detection, turned out it was way faster to create at mapgen stage to create walk-maps arrays(9dirs pointer assoc array per square(2trinagle combined 1 unit cell) than to intersect point on huge mesh map for every unit.

other than that  Fast way to implement that is to have multi proxy squares list that checked against same proxy squares .. this will allow to fast intersection tests on placement but makes building models little more complex(tho can be automated by script)   
  __
_|_|_
|___|
  |_|

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-22 Site Overlap, Rare Resources, Friend Code, Mine Production - by SunnyDrake - 04-13-2020, 12:39 PM