Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 day trial offer went away after leaving page
I left the page after registration and logged back in, and now it says that I am no longer eligible for the $5 15 day trial nor using a friend code.

Also wondering how the subscription works, does your game time only count down while you're logged into the game? It said it doesn't work like a regular subscription and accommodates people who cannot play often, so I'm just assuming it's based on play time, which I'm happy to pay in that case.

It's been a few years and I mostly just wanted to drop in and see the changes, chat a bit, maybe tag along on some adventure, not really feeling up to sim city in space though.
(01-19-2020, 04:01 AM)Weylin Wrote: I left the page after registration and logged back in, and now it says that I am no longer eligible for the $5 15 day trial nor using a friend code.

Yes the $5 dollar offer is only available right after registration. I believe it is intended behavior.

You should be eligible to use a friend code as long as your account is inactive. But the friend code activation is seemingly bugged right now. Haxus has been made aware of it and will get it fixed.

The account page is saying that you aren't eligible to get a friend code that you can give to others. It does not mention rather or not you can use a friend code to activate your account. The wording of that section should be made more clear.

(01-19-2020, 04:01 AM)Weylin Wrote: Also wondering how the subscription works, does your game time only count down while you're logged into the game? It said it doesn't work like a regular subscription and accommodates people who cannot play often, so I'm just assuming it's based on play time, which I'm happy to pay in that case.

Gametime expire at a set real world date. It does not factor in rather or not you have been online at all during that time.
The mention on the subscription page is that it doesn't automatically take money out of your account each month like a normal subscription. Which I guess then currently means that it isn't a "real subscription"? But apart from having to manually buy the gametime, it is pretty standard. Haxus just has a fun way with words.

Never heard of a subscription that only count while you are online. Such a subscription wouldn't work for Hazeron, since even while you are offline all your cities and ships are still active in the universe.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Weird design choice, should probably put a warning in red letters that leaving the page means you can't buy the $5 trial anymore.

I still wish you could play for free but with the caveat that you can't found cities, enter construction mode, or manage empires, only join existing empires and operate/design vehicles and ships.