Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Building Blueprint Simplification
One of the worst things about the complex building blueprints, is that only the person that made the blueprint will know how it should be used. The construction window just can't show all the needed information in a simple way that a complete new player will ever understand.

Great example is the "Aircraft Factory by Haxus", everyone use it because it has the most workshops, but then they are confused when they notice all the space rockets they manufacture are moved to random buildings throughout their city.

And then there are my examples from the opening post of a bad multipurpose building, a new player can't tell this from the information given to them at all.

I have made suggestions on how building blueprints can be complex and easy to understand at the aane time. For example base it all on just the size of the building, but allow us to install more building types into the building after it is constructed.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Absolutely agree with this, I've been looking at some of the blueprints on the workshop and also been editing a few wiki pages about buildings - and it's currently extremely confusing and overcomplicated for no real reason

The fact that office space provides both professional jobs AND service jobs at the same time, but how many of each is provided seems to be... random between each building type, is extremely confusing and weird, like the Football Arena by Haxus has 1 professional but 6 service jobs, yet other morale buildings have multiple professional jobs but 1 service job? And then others don't have any service jobs at all, only professional jobs? Huh?

As Dean said, there's really no reason that a building which is intended to be used as a giant factory can also have batteries or morale volume, so I fully agree with restricting housing to house type buildings, morale space to morale buildings, and military/government buildings to their intended purposes

One of the things I loved about the old building system was that you could add more levels to buildings as needed, and you knew exactly what each building would do as a result, but now it's all hidden inside the design and there's not much editing/planning you can do when actually placing buildings down and choosing blueprints to use, you just have to hope that the design you pick is good enough for the purpose, which is a lot more boring, in my opinion as somebody who doesn't want to mess with the new designer
What even
A lot of new/returning players are having issues with building blueprints that add way too many service jobs.

If the building doesn't benefit from the offices, then cap the service jobs at 1.
For example the "Spacecraft Factory by Haxus" building blueprint has 36 offices, which will result 35 useless service jobs.
At the very least, these extra unnecessary service jobs should have lower priority, if they don't already.

This is arguably only an issue when just starting out, when population of a city is small and immigration rate is low. But it is little issues like this that makes the building system very confusing nowadays.
In theory having extra service jobs wouldn't harm the city, but new players won't know this and will think it harms their production.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo