Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Sea/Sea Bottom Platform
The addition of platforms which you can build under the sea and on the sea floor would be really helpful. Given all the other platform and biodome types there's no reason they shouldn't exist. Or you could just allow existing aerial platform types to go into negative numbers, below MSL. 

They would be especially invaluable on gas giants, where you'd then be able to place airports with transporters within overlapping range at various heights within the deep sea. That would allow you transport from the core into orbit and vice versa by "island hopping" from one platform to the other.
I much rather just have space elevators.
Not totally sure how much sense it would make on a gas giant's core to orbit, but it would me where such a thing would be the most useful.

As for underwater platforms? Sure I guess? Just seems a little silly.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Sure, no reason not to have space elevators too...

On gas giants, the sea more or less takes the place of the atmosphere on other planets. It's an awful lot of unused space if you can't build in it as you can almost everywhere else...
(12-29-2019, 04:30 PM)Vectorus Wrote: On gas giants, the sea more or less takes the place of the atmosphere on other planets. It's an awful lot of unused space if you can't build in it as you can almost everywhere else...

Yeah but there is also nothing special to do there.

On the sea surface we can harvest the gases in the upper atmosphere, and harvest the liquid resources. On an Arial platform it is safer to land and you can harvest the gases. On the core you can harvest the special ground resources.
(I believe one or two of these are still bugged actually.)

A mid-undersea platform would have all the same disadvantages, but only have access to the liquid resources. Its only purpose would be as a midway transporter stop.

I would rather we get a special rule for intra-planet transporters, or that "airport taxi/flight path" feature people have been requesting forever.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I see what you're saying, but we already have ground platforms, which have no exclusive function either...it does irritate my sense of completeness that mid-sea is the sole remaining "-sphere (hydrosphere)" in which, arbitrarily, we cannot build. As well as the transporter purpose, which is in no way incompatible with also having inter-airport transportation. It can be "both and".