Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Avatars Count as Multiple Workers
With old buildings, you could click "run" on every process housed in that building regardless of whether citizens were available to help. So your first stone mine could run 4 processes, 40 units of stone each time you visited it. 

Nowadays, when your city is brand new and underpopulated, it is extremely slow to get going because you can only run 1 process at a time by hand, reducing your output by about 4 times for mines and 8 times for other buildings.

Allowing hand-run processes to count for either 4-8 production lines OR the actual number of workers present, whichever is greater, would massively speed up that phase of your city building when you're doing most of the work yourself or waiting a long time for people to immigrate.

Obviously, that's the first phase of the game most people experience so making it less painful (at least no more than how it used to be) would be a gift to them.
Agreed, startup phase is painful now. I find myself building 4 quarries to start, and running between them constantly, until the locals take over.
(12-24-2019, 07:54 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Agreed, startup phase is painful now.  I find myself building 4 quarries to start, and running between them constantly, until the locals take over.
But you would still have to make a bigger mine to actually get this advantage, so building at least a couple queries would still be a good startup.

Other than that I am not against the idea.
It wouldn't matter much, at worst it will be confusing if the user interface doesn't show it in an understandable way. But this might already be a little confusing for new players.

We do also need the service job bug fixed though.
See: (Bug report) Running Manufacturing Line Adds Too Many Workers
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo