Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-18 Asteroid, Harvester, System Resource Search, Morale Penalty
(12-18-2019, 09:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: relying on a military weapon system on the ground
That will always prove to be a failed strategy.

I think that no ground based weapon system developed in the first week could possibly have enough range to do more than crack the asteroid at the last minute. Then it is simply reduced from a world ending event to an extinction event.

Sounds good...   even having a Weapon system on the ground to perhaps take out a chunk should be a consideration for the new player.

I (Grimwald) watched the Asteroid pass my spacecraft and hit my planet, I did see 3 shots fired from ground based weapons before the server thread crash.   So they do something, albeit much too late.
I added direction, azimuth angle, and distance relative to the solar system to the obervatory report when it spots an asteroid. That did not make it into the update today. Will be in next server update.

At 1600x800 pixels scene window size, the asteroid is about 2 to 4 pixels in size when it is 90 minutes away, very hard to spot. At 60 minutes away, it is a small black dot but much easier to see.

The dusty trail is a screen sprite effect. It helps to stare in a direction for a few seconds to give the dust cloud time to develop in the render scene. It creates a visible halo around an incoming asteroid.

The key for newbies will be really long range sensors.
Dean and I are trying to take down the asteroids in my system. The lack of feedback on if the shots are hitting is making it hard to tell what's going on. The city report also doesn't say how dangerous the smaller 0.7-2.29km ones are.

[Image: 9O77XS3.png]
"If your blood turns to caramel, can you taste it before you die?"
(12-20-2019, 12:46 PM)tackeart Wrote: The city report also doesn't say how dangerous the smaller 0.7-2.29km ones are.

Since we were ~50k AU away from your homeworld, they likely wouldn't have hit your homeworld after the asteroid was broken apart. They scattered a lot.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(12-20-2019, 12:46 PM)tackeart Wrote: The lack of feedback on if the shots are hitting is making it hard to tell what's going on.
Good morning, I guess? Been like that for several years, and you only just noticed, that hits are no longer logged?
(12-22-2019, 10:39 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:46 PM)tackeart Wrote: The lack of feedback on if the shots are hitting is making it hard to tell what's going on.
Good morning, I guess? Been like that for several years, and you only just noticed, that hits are no longer logged?

I still wish ballistic weapons would return to being direct damage weapons similar to energy weapons. Then could instead add a "Heavy Cannon Weapon" or something that has a ballistic projectile like the current implementation, that can be used for large ship cannons or a tank's main cannon. Projectiles just aren't all that reliable in the game and it seriously makes using them too troublesome. We are missing some basic mashinegun weapon options for space fighters and anti-infantry turrets.
(12-18-2019, 03:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: Harvester
When I send on of my harvester ships to run a harvesting cycle on a target, it occasionally gets trapped in an endless loop.

If the next harvesting pulse from a ship/stations harvesting bay is set to exceed the harvesting quantity threshold, it won't take the in the resources from that pulse. This means the ship never exceeds the threshold and the ship gets trapped in an infinite harvesting loop, that it only exits when the fuel threshold is met.

Changed harvest function to trim the amount harvested so that it will fit.

I think the same issue exist with manufacturing. If the building's inventory can't fit all the produced commodities, the manufacturing process just says the inventory is full without filling whatever free inventory space there actually is.
See: (Bug report) No Stock Buildup, Yet Full?