Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-12 Officer Trade, Server Deadlock
(12-13-2019, 01:51 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Oop, spam bot is back, time to randomize the version number.

Hold your horses and check the date at which it joined the forum on.

EmaniMada's profile' Wrote:Joined: 2019-11-11
It is just a bot from 2019-11-11. There are a few spambot accounts that haven't been banned yet, I reported the obvious ones for spam.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
AH, that makes sense. Playing the long game then.
Seems like they all appear at once... if there's someone commanding them he's very stupid to make so much efforts for a small forum nowhere to be full of dumb people.
(12-14-2019, 12:01 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Seems like they all appear at once... if there's someone commanding them he's very stupid to make so much efforts for a small forum nowhere to be full of dumb people.

It is all about "backlinks" to get a better search engine ranking. They can boost the visibility of another website by having other websites link to it, and back.
You can read more about it here: https://backlinko.com/hub/seo/backlinks
And I mentioned some of this awhile back, here: (Post) Re: Remove the spammers
The new resource rock=process system is good in principle, but the number of processes each rock is way too low. Yields are about a quarter or less of old-style cities even while average building requirements and populations are considerably higher.

Add to this that you now have to choose your "land" systems carefully and can't necessarily afford to mine multiple planets for the same resource...

The system's fine but numbers need tweaking. 6 processes allowed per rock would seem a good balance, given what you need to build ships and cities and considering your available manpower. 

Or as Celarious suggested, slash production costs by the same amount; either works fine.
(12-15-2019, 09:31 PM)Vectorus Wrote: The new resource rock=process system is good in principle, but the number of processes each rock is way too low. Yields are about a quarter or less of old-style cities even while average building requirements and populations are considerably higher.

Add to this that you now have to choose your "land" systems carefully and can't necessarily afford to mine multiple planets for the same resource...

The system's fine but numbers need tweaking. 6 processes allowed per rock would seem a good balance, given what you need to build ships and cities and considering your available manpower. 

Or as Celarious suggested, slash production costs by the same amount; either works fine.

Yeah, I think ship and building production costs being in the millions feels a bit high
What even
(12-15-2019, 09:31 PM)Vectorus Wrote: The new resource rock=process system is good in principle, but the number of processes each rock is way too low. ...

Off-topic for this thread. Please make a new thread or at the very least write in the related update thread.
Here: (Update thread) 2019-11-13 Resources, Manufacturing, Skills
That way you can also read what others wrote about it back then.
My throughts on it is also mentioned there: (Update thread post) Re: 2019-11-13 Resources, Manufacturing, Skills

But a new thread about it would be a lot better, so we can all keep on-topic.
A couple good examples of update threads going totally off-topic already happened this this thread. First sleeper spambots, and then a totally unrelated topic was brought up.
Quote:if there's someone commanding them he's very stupid to make so much efforts for a small forum
That is my strategy. I hope it is not worth their time to determine the current version number, in exchange for the pennies they might make by spamming this forum. Someone has to download the software and run it (!!), to determine the version number. Even if that person only gets paid $1 per hour, they would probably lose money keeping up on our version changes.