Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2019-12-03 Abandonment and Decay
(12-03-2019, 09:41 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building decay will not be enabled in this update, to give people time to see the result and make changes. Decay will be enabled very soon, however.

are you going to be resetting on new years eve, as you did for U2 --> U3 and U3 --> U4?

if so, it might be worth sending out an email to all players who purchased game time in in U5 that the decay and then reset is coming, so they can screenshot their worlds and actually KNOW about this. not everyone reads the forums! (and, as a bonus, it'd be good promotion for the reset!)
Quote:are you going to be resetting on new years eve

Those darned deadlines make such a sound as they whoosh by.
(12-03-2019, 10:46 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:are you going to be resetting on new years eve

Those darned deadlines make such a sound as they whoosh by.

hehe, i only ask because i'm wondering if it's worth waiting to start a new empire or if we'll still have a good few months to play before getting everything wiped.
We cannot assume the reset to happen until it's ready to happen. No pressure.
I wouldn't hold back. There's still a bunch of work to do before a restart.
I'll post the update in the morning with the abandonment change. It still won't decay buildings yet.
(12-03-2019, 08:19 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The only issue with it being per avatar is that you actually have to make alts in your empire. 

or recruit players
(12-04-2019, 01:57 AM)resonkinetic Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 08:19 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The only issue with it being per avatar is that you actually have to make alts in your empire. 

or recruit players

Imagine the implications of that...  Almost like it was super effective last time.
Good to see a reasonable solution to the new city decay is happening. There is a good chance I'll show back up in the future just to see how much things have changed since I last played. Still a bit curious if I can make a frog again.
(12-03-2019, 08:01 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 02:41 PM)Haxus Wrote: Abandonment and Decay

Buildings that are not incorporated into a city are subject to abandonment and decay, the same as buildings in cities or bases. There are no reports to show the abandonment status of unincorporated buildings.

You really seem to hate unincorporated buildings.

Hoping you will clarify this with your update in the morning, but just to be sure I ask if you don't.
What will the decay conditions be for unincorporated buildings?

Do I need to run around in a panic and setup capitols on all my tiny mining colonies now? Or will unincorporated buildings be protected in a system that has a protected city?

We do need some limits on unincorporated buildings as mining colonies, but it still feels weird to have yo make all of them actual cities. If all they do is mine ore so the system capital can fetch it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo