Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2019-12-03 Abandonment and Decay
I can/will put options on the Cities & Bases window and the Starmap window to add a system to your list of home systems.
(12-03-2019, 08:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: Sorry but the limit really must be per avatar. ...

I would prefer it that way anyway. But I am guessing that it will check if the account the avatar is on is active I hope.

The only issue with it being per avatar is that you actually have to make alts in your empire. And the other issue being with replacing avatars while they are actually keeping cities alive.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
FWIW, I'm nearly done with this.

Was interrupted earlier by yet another deadlock associated with an asteroid destroying a world. Found it. Fixed it. Restarted the servers.
Also FWIW, log shows a lot of buildings trying to decay. Some of them have not been contacted by a human in two years.
could there possibly be an option to transfer all items/blueprints/designated loaded systems/government positions/ect to a child when theyre born, and replace the old avatar with that child? because otherwise it is REALLY a pain in the butt to do breeding stuff - and very easy to lose things. (especially blueprints, which will forever be locked and unchangeable if you lose the original avatar.)
(12-03-2019, 08:20 PM)Haxus Wrote: Also FWIW, log shows a lot of buildings trying to decay. Some of them have not been contacted by a human in two years.

When were you planning on enabling the decay btw?
What even
(12-03-2019, 08:18 PM)Haxus Wrote: I can/will put options on the Cities & Bases window and the Starmap window to add a system to your list of home systems.

While you are fiddling with "home systems" and such, think you can fix recalling to home city?
See: (Bug report) Wrong Resawn Order With Invalid Ship
If we are gonna be able to select multiple "home cities/systems", maybe it is about time we get control over where we recall to? Allow us to select where we want to recall to among capital, ship berth and home cities.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I'm really looking forward to this being implemented, the servers are incredibly laggy right now.
Quote:the servers are incredibly laggy right now
That is why it this topic has become somewhat of an emergency. None of the older servers are on line right now because they keep getting overwhelmed.

I am testing my changes with the designated home systems now. I'll post an update when it is ready.

I created a list on each avatar that can contain up to ten solar systems. These systems are immune to abandonment decay, in addition to the system containing an avatar's home building. That makes 11 per avatar.

Building decay will not be enabled in this update, to give people time to see the result and make changes. Decay will be enabled very soon, however.
Ok, per avatar rather than account is obviously fine if that's how the game infrastructure needs to handle it...

In that case some new rules to make breeding or swapping out avatars when your account is already full would be really, really welcome. I imagine there's going to be a LOT of that in the near future as people get their heads round the gen3 -> gen4 upgrade, and going forward as they want to replace early gen4 avatars with more full-featured ones.