Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Universe Restart?
One neglected thing I'd like to see given a small facelift is terrain generation - and a restart is always the best time to do that, otherwise you get stuck with grandfathered worlds later on.

My proposals are quite minor I think: I'd like to see (1) water at elevations other than sea level, both for buildings and naturally occurring as highland lakes and rivers, maybe even waterfalls. (2) Rock formations to break up the pervading smoothness you find in all terrain generation. Cliffs, outcrops and boulders really change how a landscape looks. If you look at the landscapes in No Man's Sky closely, you'll see that the actual complexity of the ground mesh is no more than Hazeron's, but it looks totally different because the lines are broken up by some jagged formations. (3) Caves and, more generally, the ability to cut the ground both in terrain generation and artificially with buildings and tools. This is a stretch goal, I know it's already planned for further in the future.

One bonus mad suggestion: for the first few weeks of the new universe, everyone spawns on the same planet and it cannot be claimed. Would give Universe 6 a location with genuine history and collective memory right off the bat, as well as bonding the community through the power of love and/or xenophobic genocide.
[Image: 7JQk4bf.jpg]
(02-20-2020, 08:04 PM)Vectorus Wrote: One bonus mad suggestion: for the first few weeks of the new universe, everyone spawns on the same planet and it cannot be claimed. Would give Universe 6 a location with genuine history and collective memory right off the bat, as well as bonding the community through the power of love and/or xenophobic genocide.

Would be pretty cool for a few minutes yeah. But then someone will have built a capitol and a police station with a jurisdiction big enough to cover the whole planet. Or there would at least be a fight to see who could do it first, simply to block everyone else from starting a city.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
shores of hazeron battle royale
(02-21-2020, 03:17 PM)resonkinetic Wrote: shores of hazeron battle royale

*Shores of Hazeron VR Chat
(02-21-2020, 05:58 PM)OnePercent Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 03:17 PM)resonkinetic Wrote: shores of hazeron battle royale

*Shores of Hazeron VR Chat

I want both