Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Universe Restart?
I'm all for a reset. Do we have to save safely the designs we locally made too, and still are on the local game files ?
The .SoH files you have already are fine.

Just be sure you have them all somewhere safe. No designs exist in the universe database after a reset.
I am in favor of declaring myself the undisputed winner.
Since I currently don't have an empire I don't really get a say in the reset but I do agree with some people that the economy needs at least a little fixing up since right now it's kinda just... there and not doing anything constructive or fun since you can effectually ignore it. A full overhaul is probably in order at some point in the future but for now just a patch to make it less useless would be nice.
I'm in favor of a reset. I used to play years ago, but haven't for a while, but if the universe started fresh I think I would re-up.
As far as exploits go, I'm not familiar with any game-breaking ones that'd require fixing before a restart. In terms of progression, lengthening patent research time is probably a must, but that's all I can think of there. The sooner the restart the better, especially because once it's announced, all work done in the current universe is worth a lot less.
I’d certainly be in favour of a reset.
I’ve not played this in ages, but it would likely prompt me to resubscribe.
(11-09-2019, 03:00 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 01:24 PM)Cousarr Wrote: Practically infinite money and resources are still an issue and should be addressed in some way prior to a restart. 

Why?

Quote:More constraints are needed on building and ship designs to prevent people from doing stuff like making excessive polygon counts that crash the game.

Is that a change that require a restart?

Quote:Along these lines, I would recommend putting a cap on number of homes/jobs per building to encourage more complex city building
I suggested earlier to make each building more important, but Hazeron instead developed into a completely different direction.

Quote:As mentioned by others, tech progression is both too easy and too fast. These should both be fixed rather than fixing just one of these.
Why?

Your response is reductive and unhelpful, but I'm seeking to offer some input to address Haxus's questions:

Quote:Haxus

What things do you think must be fixed at the next restart? I don't mean every bug you know about. I mean what must be fixed before a restart.
Are there any exploits that will allow someone to max out their empire in the first week, like last time?

I've discussed these in more detail in other threads as well as on discord and I have no desire to do so further if simply to appease your sense of self-worth.
I'm all for a reset not much invested other than designs in this universe. However a tech tree graphic is needed, perhaps spread over a few pages. Otherwise new players will struggle to figure out the patent system. Especially if some do become gated behind story missions as Dean suggests.

I'll be prepared to publish a few ships publicly when the new one comes up if so.

Not needed before reset but would be nice to have:
An option to render spacecraft and buildings as generic shapes/boxes on potato machines may be necessary. Generic object size based on craft extents. Or possibly render a screenshot of said craft from design studio on a sprite.

I personally have no issue with rendering complex craft, but I've seen it complained about often. Too many really outdated graphics cards floating around out there.
(11-10-2019, 03:24 AM)Cousarr Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 03:00 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: ...
Your response is reductive and unhelpful, but I'm seeking to offer some input to address Haxus's questions:

I've discussed these in more detail in other threads as well as on discord and I have no desire to do so further if simply to appease your sense of self-worth.

While Anr was a little blunt and not very constructive, he is correct that some of the things you mentioned aren't exactly priority before a universe reset.
  • Resources being infinite is by design.
  • Money economy is non-existent, but doesn't really have to be implemented before the reset. Simply wipe all bank accounts when a more meaningful economy is implemented.
  • Design restrictions are a little more concerning, but only an issue if Haxus doesn't want to nuke everything that break those new restrictions after the fact.
  • City building is pretty messy right now. I would love to see it figured out after creatures are done. But your specific suggestion wasn't very appealing.
  • Missing technology progression is arguably. While it would be awesome to solve this, I doubt it would be an easy thing to tackle. And aside from finding a fair way to implement on a running universe, I don't see why it is directly needed before a universe reset, unless you are just thinking about the PvP arms race after a reset.

A don't assume to speak for Anr, but he trends to have a point.

Anr on that note, we still got a list of universe reset specific issues?
Or was it just the new avatar systems destroying the universe?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo