Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Multiple Constructions Workers On a Single Construction Site
^Title
This idea came to me while browsing through the in-game "Building" window.
[Image: QP2aSiG.png]
Construction sites could really use multiple workers to speed up the building process, given how this is the case in real life and how mind-numbingly slow construction is.
A limit on the amount of construction jobs created could be limited by the quality of construction materials as well, or perhaps by the currently defunct "Quality of Construction" QL.
[Image: lI6gNeE.png]
Multiple construction workers? Sounds like a good idea given the new mega-sized buildings we can build.

But maybe it would be more interesting if a new "construction company" building was added, and then workers in that building will assist with construction work around the city.
Could also move the "remote construction" ability the capitol building currently has to this building. Doing construction from the capitol always seemed weird to me.

(08-15-2018, 10:08 AM)zslayern Wrote: or perhaps by the currently defunct "Quality of Construction" QL.
[Image: lI6gNeE.png]

The "Quality of Construction" is supposedly the quality of construction materials used. But I think it is bugged or something, since it seem to be 1 everywhere I look.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I second the idea of a construction company building, and i second the idea of more workers. Its incredibly annoying to build a hydro or nuclear powerplant and either having to wait 20 hours or sit there for an insane amount of time building it myself.
I was going to suggest that spacecraft have a module called "constructor bay" which increases construction speed by some x amount or something, but this seems better.
We discussed this for spacecraft in the old forum. It's very much wanted. Construction times are hugely inflated, especially once you start adding electronic systems, and there aren't even any modifiers to speed them up.
Bump for interest + accord. Other possibilities are: prefabs and/or robots/androids as an optional commodity, a number input box next to employ citizen, levels in construction increase rate, or deployable buildings. One thing I think should be kept in mind is that if platforms on hostile worlds won't support buildings until they themselves are finished, then there should be a method that doesn't require citizens. Alternatively, citizens should be able to work on these platforms in the same way that you don't have to worry about materials since they act as airports.

Edit: forgot a suggestion.

EDIT2: To avoid bumping the thread with a trivial point (MyBB really needs 'sage'). On thing I think should be emphasised is the lack of tech progression in construction after you reach the space age. Before that, every incremental improvement such as the hammer, electricity, SUVs and computers really made an impact and helped solidify the feeling of progress. Yet when you're building your first aerial platform, all that progress seems to have stopped, and things feel little different than trying to build a normal building without tools (try it when founding a colony, it's like night and day!). Something that acts as a space-age solution would therefore fall in line with this sentiment. Furthermore, the only solution I can think of that really scales with empire in the space age is your spacecraft manufacturing capability, and therefore the solution I would most strongly support is the constructor bay.
Another interesting idea people were discussing recently was a "construction/repair beam" weapon for spacecraft. Using nanites or whatever space-tech-magic we got.

Fire it at a building that is under construction and it will apply some labor to the construction site. It could even take materials from the spacecraft's hold and apply it to the construction site too.

Then it can also do the same for spacecraft, when fired on a spacecraft it could repair damage and replace broken modules with new modules from the spacecraft's hold.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo