Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For sake of posterity
It's still the same Staines, he just doesn't play Hazeron anymore. He and most of original syndicate have moved on to other genres. Mostly war games.

I don't remember ever hearing this high pitched version you speak of, perhaps someone trolling in one of your old TS servers?
No, this was in the current Hazeron Discord. I havent had a TS in a long time.
[Image: iluK937.png]
(06-05-2018, 10:55 PM)SpaceGeek Wrote: -snip-

Yeah, he's been gone for a while. Jack would have more details than me on exactly why/when. I spoke with the current "staines" a few years ago and its clearly not him; obvious teenager with high-pitched English accent. Staines is almost as old as me with a gravelly and very very thick Scottish accent.

I believe Staines wanted the reigns to be passed to someone with more energy for Hazeron than he had after all those years.

I was in a voice channel with Staines roughly a year ago now, and he did not sound like a teenager or have a high-pitched accent. I can't remember his accent too specifically but it was thick and relatively low. He sounded to be in his late 20s to early 30s. I never talked to him years ago, but what I remember more closely matches your description of the real Staines.
Just one smiley:
:'(
Did someone say "Sieg Syndicate, I guess?"

Because the inventor himself of the phrase is back baby.
The Return of a Syndicate OG, The one and only. Harvesting Tears forever.

"Sieg Syndicate, I guess."

[Image: ovYh4Jh.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 11:30 AM)Booterror Wrote: Did someone say "Sieg Syndicate, I guess?"

Who? The kid that was pretending to be Staines or the actual "*swirls wine glass* I wasn't going to respond" Staines? I thought he had permanently sheathed his debate katana for greener pastures.
[Image: iluK937.png]
Sieg Syndicate I guess.
"Goddamn it Snakey" - Staines
"I played EVE with this fuck and he wouldn't shut the fuck up" -ScottyB

OG Toucan and Syndicate member.    Known as the dude who had the largest ringworld during Toucan's rise.
(04-01-2020, 08:06 PM)SpaceGeek Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:30 AM)Booterror Wrote: Did someone say "Sieg Syndicate, I guess?"

Who? The kid that was pretending to be Staines or the actual "*swirls wine glass* I wasn't going to respond" Staines? I thought he had permanently sheathed his debate katana for greener pastures.

I dunno who y'all talked to but I've never interacted with this Fake Staines Alt. The Staines on this forum as "OriginalGangstaStaines" is the real deal original. He is still around when drama gets to the point Syndicate should be involved in things lol. Or at least look at it for a laugh.

(Also I'm the dork that coined our catchphrase all those years ago. Its good to see it still in use lol)
The Return of a Syndicate OG, The one and only. Harvesting Tears forever.

"Sieg Syndicate, I guess."

[Image: ovYh4Jh.jpg]