Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-08-14 Bandages, Helmet, Emission Detection. Falling Damage
Store Blueprint to Non-Blank Paper
Blueprints can be stored to paper that is not blank.

Paper must now be blank to store blueprints.

Helmet Dampens Noise
It would be nice if the helmet would dampen surrounding noise a little, especially the wind on frigid worlds.

Helmet now dampens exterior sounds.

Bandages
Someone pointed out that getting instant health from a medical kit is not very realistic and can be exploited in battle by someone who is quick to hit the heal button.

Use of a med kit now applies a bandage to the patient's body. A bandage heals 10% of the body's max hit points every 10 seconds, adjusted for bandage quality. When the body is fully healed, the bandage falls off.

Surgery station applies a bandage instead of healing instantly. The bandage appears on the patient's image on the surgery station. It can be selected to view its Q but you can't remove it. It falls off automatically.

Med kit and surgery station will not apply a bandage to someone who does not need one.

Bandaging an unconscious person applies the bandage but the bandage does not heal them until they are resuscitated.

A body can only have one bandage at a time. The current bandage can be replaced by a bandage of higher quality.

Energy Emission Detection
New style cities do not detect energy emissions from unexplored systems, for the star chart.

New style cities now detect energy emissions using their airport radars and military radars.

Emission Detection Signal Strength
Can the energy emission detected on unexplored systems give an indication of signal strength?

A signal strength bar now appears below the yellow dot painted on unexplored systems where energy emissions have been detected.

Shields Up or Down, Say Why
When the shield operator changes the shield state, it would be nice to know why.

Shield operator now says why they are changing the state of the shields.

Shields Up for Creatures?
Shield operator was raising the shields due to wild animals detected on the world surface below.

Shield operator no longer raises shields due to detection of any creatures. Shields are ineffective against creatures so there is no reason to raise the shields due to their presence. Also, ship sensors do not detect creatures.

Empire Deleted
When an empire has no more avatars or cities, it gets deleted. This sometimes leaves behind random vehicles, or possibly spacecraft.

Atoms get a cleanup call now when an empire is deleted, so they can adapt accordingly.

Helmet HUD in Turret
Helmet HUD is visible when operating a turret.

Removed helmet HUD and helmet breathing sounds while you are operating a turret.

Damage Due to Collision with Terrain
Collision with terrain does not cause any harm. I can drop from orbit in a vehicle, or in my EVA suit, without taking any damage.

Collision with terrain can now cause damage. Beware landing too hard or falling from high places.

Prevent Two Cities with Same Name
The game should prevent players from making two cities on the same world with the same name.

City names on a world must now be unique.

Transporter Fail
Stand in transporter room on a ship with only one transporter room. Call for a beam up on the Hail channel. Transporter operator energizes the transporter to itself. Creates a to and a from portal on the same transporter pad.

Fixed an error that permitted a transporter room operator to energize the transporter to himself.

Trade Category Error
Show properties of an existing trade/transfer by category order. The category of the mission order is not selected. It appears to be set to the last category that was picked in the UI.

Fixed error restoring trade category filter setting based on existing order.

Fly to Space
It is possible for flying creatures to fly all the way up into space using their own wings.

Incorporated air density into lift calculation when flying. I thought it was already in there and was surprised when it wasn't.

Spacecraft Bay Weapons Heard in Vacuum
In space, I can hear the weapons fire of other ships. Shouldn't the sound be inaudible in vacuum?

Fixed error in audio gain calculation of effects.

Show Shield Radii When Placing Shield Base
It would be nice to see the shield radius when placing a new shield base.

Shield base now shows an indicator of its shield radius while it is being placed.

Vacuum Damage Insignificant to Huge Creatures
Huge creatures can go on extended space walks without an EVA suit due to the small amount of damage inflicted by vacuum.

Vacuum and suffocation damage are now scaled according to creature size.

Storage Device Stay Open
Make the storage device management window stay open when deleting things from it.

Storage device management window now stays open when you delete things from it.

Free Avatar Political Stance
Free avatar is seen as an enemy but views everything as neutral. Shouldn't his view be reciprocal?

Made a slight change when determining political stance. When either party is empire 0 and the other is not, they will both see each other as enemy. When both parties are empire 0, they will see each other as neutral.

Large Rocket BuDi Scudpox Requires No Bombs
The manufacturing process for Large Rocket BuDi Scudpox does not require a bomb.

Fixed BuDi Scudpox manufacturing and patent development processes to require a large bomb, like other large rockets.

Top Empire Flags Wrong
The top empire flag on the main web page isn't always the right flag for the top empire in the report.

Fixed error when highest scoring empire is not shown because they have no capitol.
Nice!

Could we have the option for helmet to appear in Shift+Backspace? I use it a lot (with no body model) since it helps prevent clipping in tight corridors.

I hope someone is picking up all these bandages. Remind me not to do any cooking when it's about to fall off.

Do emissions need to be rescaled? Presumably just about every new city will be detectable at max range, if the old numbers are still being used.

In the vehicle designer, some option for ground vehicles to have parachutes/landing thrusters (for use in airdrop) would be really cool! Maybe a generic parachute consumable could be installed on any vehicle. Do items take fall damage? Could be used for those, too.  More of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3f9d-OhZU
I would be curious to hear|see the signal strength levels on a well developed star map. I recently started over in a remote area and there is nothing to detect.
They take a while to filter through, don't they? I'll remember to check.
I remember a lot of those fixes as old bug reports, at least a couple of them reported by me on the old forum. So awesome work seeing them gone!

(08-14-2018, 02:43 PM)Haxus Wrote: Bandages
Someone pointed out that getting instant health from a medical kit is not very realistic and can be exploited in battle by someone who is quick to hit the heal button.

Use of a med kit now applies a bandage to the patient's body. A bandage heals 10% of the body's max hit points every 10 seconds, adjusted for bandage quality. When the body is fully healed, the bandage falls off.

Surgery station applies a bandage instead of healing instantly. The bandage appears on the patient's image on the surgery station. It can be selected to view its Q but you can't remove it. It falls off automatically.

Med kit and surgery station will not apply a bandage to someone who does not need one.

Bandaging an unconscious person applies the bandage but the bandage does not heal them until they are resuscitated.

A body can only have one bandage at a time. The current bandage can be replaced by a bandage of higher quality.

Seems like a nice change.
Will prevent the old "poor man's EVA-kit".

At every 10 second interval you could make the bandage do a quality test, if the test fails the bandage falls off early.

(08-14-2018, 02:43 PM)Haxus Wrote: Emission Detection Signal Strength
Can the energy emission detected on unexplored systems give an indication of signal strength?

A signal strength bar now appears below the yellow dot painted on unexplored systems where energy emissions have been detected.

This might be useful for all systems, even explored systems. So we can see the signal strength of explored systems.
For example to see if an explored enemy stronghold has increased in size, or detect energy emissions from fleets hiding in explored systems that don't have cities.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Deantwo Wrote:I remember a lot of those fixes as old bug reports

I was going through Silverwill looking for things to do. It was fun to knock off a bunch of bugs that have been in there for a long time.

This phase of bug fixing will continue for a while. It's a fun time because so many loose ends get tied up and bugs get squashed.