Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Factory Complexes and Civilian Malls
(02-25-2020, 11:09 AM)Xantheose Wrote: SureMorale buildings don't are as complex are before?
--> remove the whole colonisation system to put only one building

You don't even read what I am saying, so I don't know why I am replying now.
For example this quote from right above:
(02-25-2020, 06:46 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I didn't suggest that in this thread. While the idea of a super-does-everything building could be cool, it would be a little silly. But if the building start out empty and you manually have to fill it with the different building type volumes, I don't see it as a horribly game breaking idea.

Yes, if it was a pre-configured place down and forget super building, then yes it would be too easy and ruin the colonization game for those players that want harder colony management.
But I never suggested that, and I even mentioned that it would be silly.

If we were to have "super customizable" buildings, they should require steps to construct and configure. For example if you have to first construct the giant super building's empty structure, and then one by one reconfigure/refit it with more and more functions, similar to how you build each building normally. The outcome would be that you need a huge upfront construction cost, and then a series of small amounts of materials for reconfigurations.

But again, if you actually read the opening post, you would know that that was never the intended subject of this thread.

(02-25-2020, 11:09 AM)Xantheose Wrote: Colonization should be harder, we should spend days in every city, now building a city take more or less 30min-1h and with the shit you said 2 clics.

I never said I wanted to be able to build cities faster, but yes it might be the outcome for those that do want it faster. I already spend days building cities, since I enjoy taking it slow and building it nice and neatly.

But you are also completely basing your complaint on only one area of the game. You might get more out of posting here if you came with more constructive criticism, and considered the differences in how people play the game.

I am happy for you that you enjoy using the designer so much that you will use it every time you need a grocery with just one more store than the current blueprint.
I would rather have a mall building I walk over to and reconfigure to have one additional grocery store, it would cost me probably the same amount of construction materials and same amount of time to do as it would to build a second grocery building with one store, but it would save me from going over the world's building limit.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I see the point.
Basicly one "mega-structure" thats is modulable thats would have the effect of multiple buildings.
This is your idea for late game cities who hit the building number limit ?
Because that's what im understanding out of this.
Basicly your main concern here is the moral management in short induced due to the building limit on a planet ?
(02-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I am happy for you that you enjoy using the designer so much that you will use it every time you need a grocery with just one more store than the current blueprint.

Okay, first we will forget everything about the truth:
[Image: unknown.png]
Obviously, you didn't made one. You like the new editor but you're not using it.

Second, all I see is "the actual system require me to play too much, please simplify it cause I can't make 10 buildings during a whole universe"

Problem: Colonisation need few buildings
Solution 1 -> add some floors like before
Solution 2 -> add production to buidings
Solution 3 -> remove the customized storage system per building (cantina store food, retail store shirts...) by replacing replace all buildings by only one, with range sliders in it.

"Solution 3 is great"

This actual system isn't good, and I know you really don't like to colonize, explore, expand or exterminate, but we need to make it harder, hazeron is a game, not a UI full of range sliders.
I don't see any problem with letting all buildings have a max capacity with a slider so that we can just downsize how many jobs/homes/etc. they're actually providing. So you could build a big hospital but only hire as many doctors as you actually need.

I'm not a fan of the mix-and-match part. It's more fun if the building types are distinct. If anything, I'd like to somehow enforce more distinctness; I dislike the way we can just re-use the same design for multiple buildings. It's convenient but boring.
(02-25-2020, 06:50 PM)pizzasgood Wrote: I don't see any problem with letting all buildings have a max capacity with a slider so that we can just downsize how many jobs/homes/etc. they're actually providing.  So you could build a big hospital but only hire as many doctors as you actually need.

That might be more on-topic for the Building Blueprint Simplification thread. But I do like that idea somewhat yeah. I even considered that it could be automatic for morale buildings.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Pink cubes?
(02-25-2020, 07:53 PM)Deantwo Wrote: I even considered that it could be automatic for morale buildings.

Yeah, that's unusual but I agree with deantwo in this point. Hazeron should fork with one without any graphical engine, only UI, implementing this idea, and call it "containment game". Then all players will be happy.