Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-05 Land Bug, Respawn, Building Limit Reduced
Land Bug
Land designations are lost if you teleport.

Fixed. This is the reason for the server update today. Otherwise things were chugging along just fine.

Respawn Broken
The respawn sequence is broken. You can't recall to a building.

The problem was caused by some validation code checking your spawn city, which might not be a "city" these days, if it was just a random building. Recalling to a city only worked if you were tied to the capitol building, due to some obsolete logic. Now you can tie to any building, even unincorporated buildings, which was the original intent.

This is the spawn sequence.
  1. Arena exit if you are in an arena.
  2. Berth aboard your ship. Ship must be private or you must be a passenger or you must not be an enemy.
  3. Home building. You must not be neutral or enemy.
  4. Galaxy capitol of your current galaxy. Building must belong to your empire.
  5. Capitol of a random city on your current side of the discontinuity. Building must belong to your empire.
  6. Empire capitol. Building must belong to your empire.
  7. Current habitable world. Must be suitable homeworld. Must have no buildings other than empire 0 or your own empire.
  8. Habitable world in current system. Must be suitable homeworld. Must have no buildings other than empire 0 or your own empire.
  9. Newly generated homeworld.
Respawn Ship Life Support Down
You can't respawn to your ship if the life support system is not working. Is there a way to know this is why it failed?

You will now sometimes get a thought message when you cannot recall to your berth due to the life support system being down. You get the message if the ship is in your current solar system. You don't get the message if your ship is farther away than that.

Also, if you hail your ship or ask for a status report, they will report if the life support system is down.

Respawn Close Helmet
When I respawn into a harsh environment, it would be nice if the visor on my helmet closed automatically.

Helmet visor now closes automatically if you spawn into a harsh environment. Helmet must already be on your head and its seal must not be broken.

Take Item Snafu
I placed an item on static display on a building. I couldn't take it off.

Fixed an error when removing items placed on buildings. This may have already been reported, pending testing. It's been tested now.

Land Systems Decay
Land solar systems should be protected from overall system decay, the way buildings are.

Land solar systems no longer decay when empty and abandoned.

500 Buildings, Lamp Posts and Fences is Too Much
The construction limit of 500 buildings, lamp posts and fences is too much. There is no conceivable need to have that many buildings on a world, especially since buildings can individually be very large.

World building count limit reduced from 500 to 250. This will cause a negative morale penalty on worlds with too many. They won't be deleted. This does not affect abandonment. The low morale won't cause buildings to decay but it will affect migration of citizens.
(12-05-2019, 10:26 PM)Haxus Wrote: 500 Buildings, Lamp Posts and Fences is Too Much
The construction limit of 500 buildings, lamp posts and fences is too much. There is no conceivable need to have that many buildings on a world, especially since buildings can individually be very large.

World building count limit reduced from 500 to 250. This will cause a negative morale penalty on worlds with too many. They won't be deleted. This does not affect abandonment. The low morale won't cause buildings to decay but it will affect migration of citizens.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Does this affect existing cities?
[Image: fe797a1694929efd30d309ea6d5192e8.png]
I am making adjustments in preparation for the restart. 500 is too many.
(12-05-2019, 10:37 PM)5crownik007 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 10:26 PM)Haxus Wrote: World building count limit reduced from 500 to 250. This will cause a negative morale penalty on worlds with too many. They won't be deleted. This does not affect abandonment. The low morale won't cause buildings to decay but it will affect migration of citizens.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Weltreich is why we can't have nice things.

https://discordapp.com/channels/22645666...8787117071
"356 street lights"

(12-05-2019, 10:37 PM)5crownik007 Wrote: Does this affect existing cities?

You didn't read what you quoted at all?

(12-05-2019, 10:26 PM)Haxus Wrote: Respawn Close Helmet
When I respawn into a harsh environment, it would be nice if the visor on my helmet closed automatically.

Helmet visor now closes automatically if you spawn into a harsh environment. Helmet must already be on your head and its seal must not be broken.

Now we just need a solution for if your EV seal is broken.
I liked the "spawn pressurized tent" idea.
See: (Bug report post) Re: Wrong home position - > Death loop -> Game unplayable
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I made some changes that will be in the next server update. When you respawn into a harsh environment...
  1. Helmet visor is closed, if that will result in a functioning environment suit.
  2. Home building is cleared, if you spawned at your home building. Then you die and respawn. You get a thought message telling you of the lost home.
  3. An emergency pressure tent appears at your location, if you are inside atmosphere range of a world.
(12-05-2019, 11:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: Home building is cleared, if you spawned at your home building. Then you die and respawn. You get a thought message telling you of the lost home.

So you lose your home declaration if you recall to a harsh environment home with a broken EV seal? Seems a little weird. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something?

(12-05-2019, 11:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: An emergency pressure tent appears at your location, if you are inside atmosphere range of a world.

I still suggest you have to pay for it. It should just add a tiny loan debt to cover the cost of the tent.
I'll eliminate the part about clearing the home designation. I wasn't comfortable with it. It was just a way to kick the guy along. I'll go straight to making the pressure tent.
Here is some information about current building counts on worlds. The query counted buildings that are not street lights or fences.

Total worlds 44,560
Worlds with buildings 3,544
Worlds with 200 or more buildings 80
Worlds with 250 or more buildings 38
Worlds with 300 or more buildings 24
Worlds with 400 or more buildings 4
Most buildings on world 498
A Q1 pressure tent is deployed. 10x the cost of the tent is deducted from your account, if you have it. A Q1 pressure tent costs 748c. The total cost of the service is 7,480c.
(12-06-2019, 03:53 PM)Haxus Wrote: A Q1 pressure tent is deployed. 10x the cost of the tent is deducted from your account, if you have it. A Q1 pressure tent costs 748c. The total cost of the service is 7,480c.

Totally make it have an inscription with a company signature or something. For example "SuffocateNot Inc." or "JustPressurized Org.".