Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-04 Land, Abandonment and Decay
Reson, that is why I happily paid $350 just a few days ago in order to help support the game by purchasing unnecessary game time. If it were my business, I would try and avoid setting up expectations for what a price is buying then switching afterwards. Most would call that bait and switch.
(12-05-2019, 12:38 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Reson, that is why I happily paid $350 just a few days ago in order to help support the game by purchasing unnecessary game time.

i wonder if the usage matches the cost

(12-05-2019, 12:38 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: If it were my business, I would try and avoid setting up expectations for what a price is buying then switching afterwards. Most would call that bait and switch.

you spent $350 on an incomplete game in ongoing development lol
Totally worth it for some of us.
Quote:that is why I happily paid $350
We noticed when the orders came in. Paula was ecstatic. I'll tell her it was you; she'll get a smile.

Thank you very much for your generosity. It is appreciated beyond words.

I was spec'ing out a new server a couple of days ago. It will likely replace four of the older servers. I can't just add one without adding another cabinet, which would increase my monthly cost quite a bit. There is no extra cost if I swap out computers. I have to trade four for the one due to the power consumption. The new box burns 1600W.

Each of the four servers that will go has an Intel Xeon quad core CPU so the grid will be losing a total of 16 cores. The memory from those four boxes will be moved into the remaining four boxes that are still used as scene servers, which would help a lot. I may also be able to move the CPUs. The motherboards can take the additional CPU; I'm just not sure about the power supply.

The new server has 144 CPU cores. It will cost just over $15k. I won't order it until after the first of the year.
Quote:an incomplete game in ongoing development

A dear friend and colleague once said, "Development on a software product stops immediately before it is removed from the marketplace."

Don't expect development to stop on Shores of Hazeron.
(12-05-2019, 01:33 AM)Haxus Wrote: The new server has 144 CPU cores. It will cost just over $15k. I won't order it until after the first of the year.

0_0
(12-05-2019, 01:55 AM)Haxus Wrote: Don't expect development to stop on Shores of Hazeron.

[Image: nQyPu3t.png]
$15k didn't seem so bad after I spec'd out a more full box. Don't recall the specs on it, but the cost was $78k.

Isn't this when the Great Pumpkin is supposed to fly by, showering the most sincere server farms with new servers?
(12-05-2019, 02:18 PM)Haxus Wrote: Isn't this when the Great Pumpkin is supposed to fly by, showering the most sincere server farms with new servers?

[Image: 340738-Welcome-Great-Pumpkin.jpg]
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo