Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Forum Feedback/Bugs
I thought a dedicated thread for thos would be mord useful than talking about it everywhere else. Unsure if I should post this in the Bug Report section, but it can always be moved I guess.

First of all I will say that it looks nice, and a lot of the new features are cool. There are however a few things I miss, such as the option to disable smiles in all my posts.

Anyway, a few bugs I would love to see fixed:
  • Links are white and indistinguishable from normal text.
  • E-mails from the forum is just named "Forum", would be nice if it could say "Hazeron Forum".
  • The "unread posts in this forum" indicates seem reversed, they are black/dark when there are unread posts, and they are white when there are no new posts.
  • The video tag didn't seem to work for the video I posted in another thread.
    Code:
    [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYiMurIw-MA[/video]
    Don't know if there is anything you can do about that though.

Please also find a simple way to at least redirect "hazeron.com/phpBB3/index.php" to "digiprose.com/phpBB3/index.php" with URL parameters intact, so old links will still work. Having to change all links posted on the wiki and everywhere else across the internet to "digiprose.com" will be impossible.
It doesn't matter what the actual URL is after the redirect, but you might want to write a big red warning at the "digiprose.com" forum saying that it is read-only and a link to the new forum.
Also maybe just redirect "digiprose.com" to "digiprose.com/phpBB3/index.php", since having an old version of the main site is kinda pointless.
See: https://stackoverflow.com/a/4702187
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Redirect is in place.

Thank you. I didn't know how to do that.

The old forum has a global notice about the move, with a link to the new web site.
(05-25-2018, 02:32 PM)Haxus Wrote: Redirect is in place.

Thank you. I didn't know how to do that.
I was about to say it doesn't work. But that is because it is using "viewtopic.php" for threads and not index. So can you add the redirect for "hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php" to "digiprose.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php" too? Might be a few other files that are interesting, but likely not as important.

You can test with: http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9574

EDIT: Also "viewforum.php". >_<
E-mail now shows up from Hazeron Forums instead of just Forums.
Digiprose.com now redirects to the phpBB3 forums.
(05-25-2018, 03:00 PM)Haxus Wrote: Digiprose.com now redirects to the phpBB3 forums.
Something in the PHP code seem to be encoding the "&" character in the URL, so it breaks the URL.

Code:
"?f=125&t=9574"
turns into
Code:
"?f=125&amp;t=9574"

EDIT: There are some interesting talk about the issue on the Stackoverflow article I linked to. But maybe someone here knows more about PHP than me.
I must have gone up a level in PHP this week because I knew how to fix that ampersand in the URL.
(05-25-2018, 03:18 PM)Haxus Wrote: I must have gone up a level in PHP this week because I knew how to fix that ampersand in the URL.
Awesome! Old links now seem to work fine, so the internet won't be at a loss when trying to read about Hazeron. ^^

But you might want to disable login and such on the old forum, don't know the best way to do that. And like I said, some kind of big banner at the top of the page might be more visible than an announcement thread.
Don't know any easy way to add a banner to the page without editing the HTML/PHP files directly.
The link highlighting is part of the Lunorian style that I selected as the forum default.

To try the MyBB default, go to the user control panel, Edit Options. Set Board Style to 'Default', not 'Use Default'. It is a combo box in the bottom right corner.

I will poke around and see if I can change the link highlight in the Lunorian style. There's a zillion options.
Failure of video tags seems to be a known bug in the latest version of MyBB. I'll wait for them to post a fix.