Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: My friend is a friend of my enemy. When asked for known city information for star map queries...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don’t want my friends to reveal my positions to my enemies.
66.67%
6 66.67%
I don’t want my friends to conceal the positions of my enemies when asked.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf

(06-28-2019, 01:14 PM)Haxus Wrote: Obviously, you have not tried the new search tool.

The search tool is nice, but I can already see a few quality of life changes that are missing.
But you will be spending a lot of time fixing minor quality of life issues on this. That is why leaving it to the community is easier and more community friendly.

And as mentioned already, you are trying to fix a major issue by making the game hard to play. That is definitely the wrong way to do it.
Yes it is wonderful that we now have a search tool in-game, it allows players that don't know about the third-party tools to play better. But having this in-game search tool does not mean that third-party tools are undesired or useless.

(06-27-2019, 08:53 PM)Haxus Wrote: Poll: My friend is a friend of my enemy. When asked for known city information for star map queries...
[X] I don’t want my friends to reveal my positions to my enemies.
[_] I don’t want my friends to conceal the positions of my enemies when asked.

I don't think you should automatically get the "friend of friend's information" at all. It makes setting someone as friend a security risk in way too many ways. As i stated earlier, we can't see who another empire is friendly or enemy with.

If we want starmap information from someone, they should give it to us themselves, by also setting us to friend.

But if we end up talking about survey information, we still very much want a way to share that with other empires. For example by burning a sector onto a disk (or download multiple sectors onto a thumb drive) and sell it to the other empire.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf - by Deantwo - 06-28-2019, 02:13 PM