Poll: My friend is a friend of my enemy. When asked for known city information for star map queries...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don’t want my friends to reveal my positions to my enemies.
66.67%
6 66.67%
I don’t want my friends to conceal the positions of my enemies when asked.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf
Star Map Cities
After a solar system is explored by an empire, the star map supplies information about the cities there forever. This enables the empire to remotely monitor every system they have ever explored.

When star map information is sent to a client, information about cities is only sent if the following conditions are true.
  • The city's solar system must be explored by the client's empire.
  • One of the following must be true.
    • Empire or friendly city or base is in the system.
    • Empire or friendly spacecraft is in the system, not in deep space.
    • Empire or friendly airport terminal or base air terminal is within 17.32pc of the system.
    • Avatar is in the system when the star map request is made.
Empire or friendly refers to the city empire's stance toward the client's empire.

Spacecraft presence in a system is based on their position reports, which may lag their actual location by as much as 10 minutes.

17.32pc is the diagonal distance across a sector, which is 10x10x10pc. That seemed to be a reasonably close range for general space traffic, using the spaceports in the area, to be familiar with "nearby" cities.

Star Map Search
A tool for searching the star map is needed, which addresses the requests posted in the previous forum thread.

The star map now has a search tool for finding solar systems. You can access it using a button on the star map tool bar and also by right-clicking on a system in the star map view window.

Star Map XML Nerf
Now there is a star map search tool. The XML exporter can go.

Star map XML exporter was removed, hopefully for the last time.

Messages In This Thread
2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf - by Haxus - 06-27-2019, 08:53 PM