Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship crew pathing is too fiddly

In addition to my issue with getting troops to go up a ladder in an otherwise functional design, other designs have even further issues with getting pathing to work. Both issues are detailed below:

Ladders:

In the below tramp freighter design, the crew are able to find the way to their stations, but the troops are unable to use the ladders to go up a deck to get to theirs and remain in the crew quarters. Further, when issuing the "follow me" command to the troops, they mill about the ladders rather than climb them.

[Image: Flt2H0A.jpg]

[Image: 8rdgEPd.jpg]

[Image: 64bjIJb.jpg]

[Image: 5QnWJbx.jpg]

Walk paths:

In the below shuttle design, the crew were able to find their way to their stations prior to the addition of the hull door. The walk path network was expanded to attempt to help them find their stations. The crew find their way to then end of the Y junction and then stand there. The troops run straight into the nearest wall.

[Image: FzrydHk.jpg]

I was able to resolve the issue with the shuttle by updating the obstruction model. The issue with the ladders still stands. Even following updating the obstruction model, the troops in my simplified design that does not have doors between deck levels mill about the base of the ladder even under "follow me" orders.

Messages In This Thread
Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Cousarr - 05-01-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Vectorus - 05-02-2019, 08:48 AM
RE: Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Cousarr - 05-02-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Cousarr - 05-03-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Raymoo - 09-05-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: Ship crew pathing is too fiddly - by Raymoo - 09-17-2020, 10:01 AM