Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap
(01-22-2020, 04:05 PM)Vectorus Wrote: The size of the pitch is bigger but the players are running at the same speed, so the game as a whole has got slower. Given that there's not much to do except build stuff, and building stuff is the direct path to dominance and victory in this game, that slowing of pace is a bad thing. And, as I've pointed out, the worse it gets the bigger the advantage to those who gain an early lead.

People wanted bigger ships, they got bigger ships. The fact that some feel like they need to reach maximum sized ships before they can do anything is silly, especially if they start complaining about it taking a lot time to make/get them.

Yeah it is horrible that we just had a few years of easy-mode with massive mining buildings that broke any resource supply balance.

Either way it would be silly to change it before we actually get to test it with a refresh start. Even if I do like the idea of more advanced mining buildings.

(01-22-2020, 04:05 PM)Vectorus Wrote: I've not said anywhere that it should be trivial to get access to higher resource flow - only that it should be possible, which right now it's not (without using the most server-unfriendly, counter-intuitive means).

A building with a harvester bay would be a fine solution, I'd welcome that - its size is tied to world volume limit and it requires advanced materials to build.

Why would you want a building to have a harvester bay? That is silly and would make it use server resources when it wouldn't have to. A simply way to make advanced mines that double possible jobs per rock would be much simpler and easier.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap - by Deantwo - 01-22-2020, 05:51 PM