Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-18 Asteroid, Harvester, System Resource Search, Morale Penalty

Asteroid
I'm in my system, within 200K meters of an asteroid and it doesn't show up either as a command target, or even on the Fire Control terminal of my ship. How am I supposed to protect my world if I can't attack an incoming asteroid?

Fixed numerous problems here.
  • Asteroid will now show up on the unit list for Attack and Follow orders.
  • NPCs will now attack and follow asteroids in response to mission orders.
  • Asteroids are now considered to be enemies.
  • Fire Control console now targets asteroids.
  • Fire control reticle now shows weapon range and range to target when target is out of range.
Harvester
When I send on of my harvester ships to run a harvesting cycle on a target, it occasionally gets trapped in an endless loop.

If the next harvesting pulse from a ship/stations harvesting bay is set to exceed the harvesting quantity threshold, it won't take the in the resources from that pulse. This means the ship never exceeds the threshold and the ship gets trapped in an infinite harvesting loop, that it only exits when the fuel threshold is met.

Changed harvest function to trim the amount harvested so that it will fit.

System Resource And Or
When search for resources, ticking more than one will make search fuction try to find systems with both of these resources at desired Q in one system. Function has "AND" logic instead of "OR", so there is no point in ticking all resources and setting high desired Q. Would be nice to have switch for that logic.

Added option to treat the resources checked as an AND list or an OR list.

System Resource Search Bug
When search for resources with high desired Q set, function will show systems that do not have such resources or even systems where they dont exist.

Example: find Antiflux particles minimum Q250. Function shows 2 systems. One of them has antiflux but much lower than set quality. Second system does not have rings at all.

Fixed.

System Resource Search Vegetation
There is "Atmosphere Density" in list but no "Vegetation density", which is more important

Fixed missing vegation density in resource search table.

Atmosphere Density searches for Q of atmosphere. The commodity name doesn't work well there.

City Report Population
Report +/- numbers for population changes.

Population section of city report now shows + and - numbers next to those things that changed the population.

Morale Penalty
The morale penalty should maybe include the number of whatever it is they want... so like "4 additional retail stores wanted"

Adjusted morale penalty so that it is not capped at -2 for buildings that are wanted. The morale penalty is the number of buildings wanted.

University Patent
If you set a university to limit 1 patent, it keeps making them.

University will now stop making patents when a limit is set. The limit number has no effect since patents are limitless once you have them. The process stops if the patent being researched already exists in the building's local patent library at the minimum Q specified.

System Scan Doesn't Match
Scan reports do not match some systems actual contents.

Some systems were generated using an old system. They are grandfathered in an exceptions file. That exceptions file was updated. Scan reports should match now.

After the contents of those old systems decay due to abandonment, they get regenerated using the current system. A number of old systems must have decayed, as revealed by the reduced size of the exceptions file.

After the universe is reset, this issue will disappear entirely.

Messages In This Thread
2019-12-18 Asteroid, Harvester, System Resource Search, Morale Penalty - by Haxus - 12-18-2019, 03:16 PM