Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers

Military Weapon Bases
Military weapon bases are now functioning.
  • Weapon bases import the ammo they need to fire their weapon.
  • Without radar, weapons target enemy units up to 500m away.
  • Military radar assists in acquiring targets within range. Add a military radar to the base to fire at distant targets.
  • Weapons fire omni directionally, like the weapon bays on a spacecraft. They will not fire if their shot is blocked or if it would hit a friendly unit. Their shot is not blocked by their own building.
  • All weapons in the building design are operated if enough workers are present.
Weapons are operated by workers at the building. Nobody ever occupies the fire control console(s). They are needed to provide information about the weapon. The console would not work if a person sat at one. When designing the building, it is best to place the console somewhere in the middle of the hull mass so it is completely inaccessible and invisible.

I tested this using the Pulse Cannon in the exchange. It is an energy weapon. I have not tested using missiles, rockets, or guns yet.

Military Guard Towers
Military guard towers are now functioning.
  • Guard towers import the ammo they need to fire their turrets.
  • Without radar, turrets target enemy units up to 500m away.
  • Military radar assists in acquiring targets within range. Add a military radar to the base to fire at distant targets.
  • Turrets aim and fire. They are deadly accurate. They rotate at a limited speed; they do not turn instantly. They will not fire if their shot is blocked or if it would hit a friendly unit. They do not consider blast radius effect on friendly targets when firing.
  • All turrets in the building design are operated if enough workers are present.
Turrets are operated by workers at the building. Nobody ever occupies the turret station(s). They are needed to provide information about the turret. The console would not work if a person sat at one. When designing the building, it is best to place the console somewhere in the middle of the hull mass so it is completely inaccessible and invisible.

I tested this using the Laser Tower in the exchange. I have not tested using missiles, rockets, or guns yet.

My small base has a lot of laser towers. They only have 2hp, lol. I tried assaulting the base with a lone attacker...many times...many different ways. It was very difficult to get close to the base. Death was sudden and brutal. I was safest among the buildings of the base itself, where I could use them for cover. Then it was a matter of sniping laser towers one by one, and getting killed a lot. It is possible that a well planned base could be invincible to attack by a lone attacker.

Messages In This Thread
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers - by Haxus - 07-20-2018, 05:34 PM