Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Named airports and access
Hi guys !

What if we could set a named airport as a destination in the order menu ?
Having a simple rank access would be cool too. You could then decide if a said airport is usable by an ally empire (for example).
  • Simple system, with few ranks (own empire / ally empire / all)
  • Full rank gestion, including the above and each empire rank (+NPCs)

Btw what about some kind of landing path for ships, to make some kind of forward-enter hangar ?
(03-25-2019, 02:03 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: What if we could set a named airport as a destination in the order menu ?

Can't we already do that? There is a "Land at Airport" order.
Or do you mean as a shortcut? Meaning "travel to the system containing this airport and land at it" as a single order?

(03-25-2019, 02:03 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Btw what about some kind of landing path for ships, to make some kind of forward-enter hangar ?

I believe you can mothball any spacecraft that is landed on a connected building's site. So I sm not sure I understand what you are asking here.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
i think he means naming 1 pizza and another taco in the same city. my guess is to have a player taxie system
(03-26-2019, 04:00 AM)nightslaysanta Wrote: my guess is to have a player taxie system

I suggested a taxi/flight path thing for airports a few times too. So I agree with thst idea.
Just isn't what i think of when I read this thread, hence my questions for clarification. ^^;
(03-25-2019, 05:47 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 02:03 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: What if we could set a named airport as a destination in the order menu ?

Or do you mean as a shortcut? Meaning "travel to the system containing this airport and land at it" as a single order?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

(03-26-2019, 04:00 AM)nightslaysanta Wrote: i think he means naming 1 pizza and another taco in the same city. my guess is to have a player taxie system

Something like that yeah, to land on the appropriate airport when there's multiple ones or when I want to do something really quick. For example if I want to land at the airport which is far away from my main city.

Actually you can select a different airport, but the name you set don't appear iirc.

(03-25-2019, 02:03 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Btw what about some kind of landing path for ships, to make some kind of forward-enter hangar ?

I believe you can mothball any spacecraft that is landed on a connected building's site. So I sm not sure I understand what you are asking here.
It's not to mothball them. I wanted that to make some vertical stacking hangars, which is currently impossible due to the vertical only landing. It could even be used to navigate in a station's hangar if you can set the max ship size per landing path.
(03-26-2019, 06:32 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
(03-26-2019, 04:00 AM)nightslaysanta Wrote: i think he means naming 1 pizza and another taco in the same city. my guess is to have a player taxie system
Something like that yeah, to land on the appropriate airport when there's multiple ones or when I want to do something really quick. For example if I want to land at the airport which is far away from my main city.

Actually you can select a different airport, but the name you set don't appear iirc.

If the airport name doesn't appear on the order window's airport list, it is a bug and should be reported.

I have always wanted to be able to go to an airport and ask for a NPC to fly me to another airport in the same system. If on the same planet they could spawn a helicopter and fly me there, or a space transport if the destination is on another planet. Easy flight path system similar to most MMOs like World of Warcraft or Tera.

(03-26-2019, 06:32 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
It's not to mothball them. I wanted that to make some vertical stacking hangars, which is currently impossible due to the vertical only landing. It could even be used to navigate in a station's hangar if you can set the max ship size per landing path.

Might want to make a separate idea thread for this then, since it is only gonna cause more confusion to have two totally separate ideas in one thread.
Time to pay a month and play again to check that :D

(03-26-2019, 06:42 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I have always wanted to be able to go to an airport and ask for a NPC to fly me to another airport in the same system. If on the same planet they could spawn a helicopter and fly me there, or a space transport if the destination is on another planet. Easy flight path system similar to most MMOs like World of Warcraft or Tera.
---------
Might want to make a separate idea thread for this then, since it is only gonna cause more confusion to have two totally separate ideas in one thread.

I'll make two more thread then, one for spaceship path and one for a kind of taxi building (need NPC vehicle pilots before).
(03-26-2019, 11:27 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Time to pay a month and play again to check that :D

(03-26-2019, 06:42 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I have always wanted to be able to go to an airport and ask for a NPC to fly me to another airport in the same system. If on the same planet they could spawn a helicopter and fly me there, or a space transport if the destination is on another planet. Easy flight path system similar to most MMOs like World of Warcraft or Tera.

Check what?
It doesn't exist yet, it is just something I have written an idea thread before, and many others before me too.
(03-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:27 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Time to pay a month and play again to check that :D

Check what?
It doesn't exist yet, it is just something I have written an idea thread been, and many others before me too.

I know it's not there yet.
To check if I still can't see the airport names.