Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.I Pathing into sun every time
Not sure how common this is, im guessing quite as i remember it alot from the old forums.

Basically if i want to travel to any planetary body other than the closest moon the a.i paths through the home star as if the star were not there.

So far im on ship No. 7 just this week. Nearly ready to give up with it and start agian with another system, but i thought i'd at least see what you guys could come up with ??   :D

Update: There is a titan planet in system, not sure if its related but when ever ship leaves planet and goes past a certain threshold it begins to drift sidewards and no matter what gets pulled into sun, worth noting titan planet is on opposite side of star in relation to my planet, could it be affecting my ship from that sort of distance.

Character is Glaxus - FKNRX if haxus or who ever is able to see system they are in and see if there is an actual bug ?
'To find me, look to the Eastern Skies and follow the trail of blood' 
Is the spacecraft using a rocket-dtrive maneuver drive module?
Is the sun in your solar system a supergiant star?

The rocket-drive is not powerful enough to escape the gravitational pull of a super giantstar. So a rocket-drive spacecraft will be pulled into the sun whenever it leaves the gravity well of your homeworld.

If you go to one of your local moons instead of to the other side of your solar system, you can get some eludium there. Once you have eludium you can manufacture gravity-drive maneuver drive modules, which will negate the strong gravity of the supergiant star.

Edit: Confirmed with Lightspeed that the ship on your world is indeed a rocket-drive ship and your sun is a supergiant star.

I made an idea thread a while back about a possible solution for this.
Here: (Idea thread) Alert Sounds and Danger Warnings
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Might be good to have the helmsman or engineer announce when they can't overcome gravity so that people understand what's happening in a situation like this.
(05-20-2020, 04:25 PM)pizzasgood Wrote: Might be good to have the helmsman or engineer announce when they can't overcome gravity so that people understand what's happening in a situation like this.

It wouldn't help save the players that don't take a berth on the ship, but yes. As I detailed in the idea thread I linked above (and links in that thread).
Of course, the better fix would be to teach the AI a little bit about orbital mechanics, make sure planets are orbiting at correct speeds, and make sure that velocity is preserved correctly across frame of reference transitions.  That way exiting a planet's gravitational field would just put you into orbit around the star the same as in real life, regardless of how powerful the star's gravity is.  Hazeron's physics engine isn't detailed enough to make that orbit accurate and stable over the long-term, but that would only be a problem for trying to stay in orbit indefinitely.  For just getting around the system the inaccuracies don't really factor in much.  The AI wouldn't even have to be good at orbital mechanics, since Hazeron's futuristic ships give us plenty of room for error.  It just has to be smart enough to roughly estimate the effects of gravity on the ship's trajectory, then it can make adjustments along the way to make up for its own sloppy calculations and the physics engine's integration errors.
(05-20-2020, 05:15 PM)pizzasgood Wrote: Of course, the better fix would be to teach the AI a little bit about orbital mechanics, make sure planets are orbiting at correct speeds, and make sure that velocity is preserved correctly across frame of reference transitions.  That way exiting a planet's gravitational field would just put you into orbit around the star the same as in real life, regardless of how powerful the star's gravity is.

You can try it yourself and see if you can actually get it to orbit, but I doubt you would be able to do that.

I am not even sure the brakes can counteract the gravitational pull of the supergiant star.
Thank you, Ive modified my designs and im currently manufacturing them i'll let you know if that sorts it out i have a feeling it probably will.   :)
'To find me, look to the Eastern Skies and follow the trail of blood'