Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses)
Bug 
The formula for output is currently: [ (10 x Shops) + (1 x NumOfBonuses x Shops ^ 2) ] x 2

The expected formula is: [ (10 x Shops) + (1 x NumOfBonuses x Shops) ] x 2

This means with one bonus: 
100 shops will produce at 10x the expected linear output.
1000 shops produce at 92x the expected linear output.
30000 shops produce at 2,728x the expected linear output.

This also causes materials to multiply with smaller and smaller inputs, creating stuff from nothing.

Some examples from Vooker, but I have verified the formula with other processes and additional bonuses:

[Image: Screenshot_174.png]
[Image: Screenshot_175.png]
[Image: Screenshot_176.png]
[Image: Screenshot_670.png]
This is likely the cause of the More Jobs = Less Produce? bug too. The exponential growth makes it get to such a high value that it rolls over.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I got slightly different results with provided formula. Buildings can have different base output. For example Mines produce 20 units without any bonuses, other facilities usually produce 10 without bonuses.
Base output * N workers + [Base output * N workers + (Base output * N workers) / 10] * (N bonuses * N workers)
Report or Exploit
Noticing this with Vulcium smelting, I believe they should produce 10 or 20 per shop but I get this instead:

[Image: bJ6B0Wr.png]
What even
Update: Also noticed this with Hydrogen refining from the atmosphere, I allocated 512 workshops to the process, and each run of the process produces over 250,000 hydrogen units
What even
Can confirm this is still an issue in the current version of Starship, had a Machine Shop with a Computer bonus producing 110x the normal output, resulting in 11000 mechanical parts per run with 100 workers
[Image: CKNyY4O.png]
[Image: IszuP3s.png]
What even