Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atmodive
Hi,

I got 5 spaceship destroyed today, due to "orbit at planet" orders.

Did Haxus updated AI?
[Image: unknown.png]
Blueprint ID so Haxus can try to reproduce the issue?
You don't have to give the name of the blueprint if it is secret, just the ID number so Haxus can test it with the spacecraft blueprint you had the issue with.

I assume the spacecraft had engineering consoles and used gravity-drives?

What type of world did you order them to orbit? Was this all at a specific world or 5 totally separate worlds?
If it all happened at one specific world, can you leave an avatar there so Haxus can come look at it? Which avatar?
Was there a titan in orbit of the world or was it a titan world?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Happened in different worlds, on different systems, with multiple designs.

Theses designs worked never atmodived in past, now basically 1/2 orders lead to atmodive.

Happened with designs 93302 and 93305
[Image: unknown.png]
Computer Dictionary
Quote:AI: Artificial Idiot
I'm getting it too with 246302 and some previous designs in the same family. Just now an order to orbit a star ended up with a sundive. I think the issue may be the AI not knowing what to do if it can't bleed off excess velocity in time. Very annoying, as it can be quite sporadic. I had a harvester working for a couple of days (at least 5 runs) before it decided to burn up in the gas giant it was supposed to harvest. Yet this latest sundive was the second within the span of two hours. Ah well, at least they're cheap and quick to build.

EDIT: On investigation, it seems the latest bout of diving is because of the lag. The AI pilot simply can't react as fast as it needs to.
(05-02-2020, 11:50 AM)voyager Wrote: I'm getting it too with 246302 and some previous designs in the same family. Just now an order to orbit a star ended up with a sundive. I think the issue may be the AI not knowing what to do if it can't bleed off excess velocity in time. Very annoying, as it can be quite sporadic. I had a harvester working for a couple of days (at least 5 runs) before it decided to burn up in the gas giant it was supposed to harvest. Yet this latest sundive was the second within the span of two hours. Ah well, at least they're cheap and quick to build.

EDIT: On investigation, it seems the latest bout of diving is because of the lag. The AI pilot simply can't react as fast as it needs to.

I had a similar experience, where the ship burned up in the atmosphere after about 5-10 runs harvesting in the same system.  My only guess as to why and the difference is lag. It had fuel.  I am going to reissue the cyclic order but have the ship land at the moon to sell and refuel. I don't believe they can burn up in the atmosphere there.