Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2019-12-03 Abandonment and Decay
I approve, I think. Careful planning with 60 solar systems (10/avatar) would let a one-man empire achieve a satisfying range of goals while still encouraging much more inter-empire trade than presently AND as minty says allowing a good trial option. 50 would just be a little bit of a squeeze I think...based on my very personal experience.

But could you change the way babies are made? Making a highborn would be very impractical for an extended empire if it means giving up 10 systems for a month just to free up a slot. When a baby is born, could it sit in a lockbox somewhere until you decide to replace an existing avatar with it? 

Or just make it 60 systems per acct., v. simple. 

I wouldn't worry about pay-to-win concerns. Hazeron can never exactly become pay to win, since the game is unwinnable and unloseable as long as the galaxy is big and there are places to hide. Your emissions update made that a lot easier. The more people pay, right now, the more we all benefit from the game's success. So what if Syndicate/Weltreich/SpacePoland has the five times your systems by paying 5x as much? He can't eradicate you and you can do anything your heart desires except eradicate him. Slightly liberalize intergalactic travel so there are more access points than just the central wormhole chokepoint, and you're set.
(12-03-2019, 04:07 PM)Minty Wrote: with all of these changes, i think its worth noting that youve now built an amazing trial account possibility - one avatar, for free, that can only designate one system to be loaded, ever.

Only feasible if theres also some sort of monthly play requirement, and maybe a crono upkeep fee (with the BIG assumption of economy fixes). Otherwise, one can simply create as many accounts as they please for their "free to play" empire.
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)Ikkir Isth Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 04:07 PM)Minty Wrote: with all of these changes, i think its worth noting that youve now built an amazing trial account possibility - one avatar, for free, that can only designate one system to be loaded, ever.

Only feasible if theres also some sort of monthly play requirement, and maybe a crono upkeep fee (with the BIG assumption of economy fixes). Otherwise, one can simply create as many accounts as they please for their "free to play" empire.

I'd even go as far as to say there'd probably need to be an IP restriction of one trial account per IP, to minimize people creating new accounts (ofc it'd still be possible with VPNs and such but still)
What even
I too would prefer 60 systems per account, regardless of avatar selected. Far too much micromanagement otherwise. Also encourages people to recruit, instead of one man everything.

That would also directly tie server load to server income in a meaningful way.
(12-03-2019, 04:22 PM)Vectorus Wrote: Or just make it 60 systems per acct., v. simple. 

agreed with everything, ESPECIALLY this point. way too many things are tied to individual avatars which really should be tied to the account (such as blueprint designs, for example), which is a shame. i dont think more mechanics should be added to that pile!
Besides, if it's 50 per empire, nothing stops us currently from making 5 alt empires, all allied to the main.
I think having the building being abandon after 3 days is too fast. For example the day I work I don't play game since I work 12 hour shift and I can do 3 or more days like this in a row I don't have a lot of time for other thing that day. I can also be true for many other reason : Vacation, holiday, studying for college exam. I think something around 10 to 14 day will be better,I don't remember how many it was before.

I also agree with everyone about choosing the system immune to decay.
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)Ikkir Isth Wrote: Only feasible if theres also some sort of monthly play requirement, and maybe a crono upkeep fee (with the BIG assumption of economy fixes).  Otherwise, one can simply create as many accounts as they please for their "free to play" empire.

true - which is why this free avatar should be limited in other ways, and it should be capped by one per ip/email account/ect. i mentioned it somewhere else, but maybe limiting it to no warp/wormhole drives or having trial accounts be unable to make cities outside of their home planet and moon would be good too.

(12-03-2019, 04:31 PM)Norm49 Wrote: I think having the building being abandon after 3 days is too fast.  For example the day I work I don't play game since I work 12 hour shift and I can do 3 or more days like this in a row I don't have a lot of time for other thing that day. I can also be true for many other reason : Vacation, holiday, studying for college exam. I think something around 10 to 14 day will be better,I don't remember how many it was before.

I also agree with everyone about choosing the system immune to decay.

it should at least be 5-7 days for people who can only play on weekends.
The governance window isn't really appropriate if you want every avatar to be able to designate their "home" systems.

The starmap could be helpful, though.
(12-03-2019, 04:33 PM)Haxus Wrote: The governance window isn't really appropriate if you want every avatar to be able to designate their "home" systems.

The starmap could be helpful, though.

Sure, but maybe the governance window could be an option to allow people to easily designate a system containing a specific city as loaded? Just an idea
What even